⌜ ° she

ACT II.

i still find myself
longing for you after
all these years.

LISA.

"ouch..." i grimaced as i tripped and missed a step from the stairs. i frowned even more the second i realize that i had broken the heel of my shoe.

"are you alright?" the brunet rushed towards me and asked.

"yeah, i just broke my shoe." i said with a smile, but it faded immediately once i realized that this shoe isn't actually mine.

"i'm sorry." i apologized as i looked down.

he spent a huge amount for the rentals of my clothes and also for our wedding. i feel sorry until now since i didn't have a single penny to contribute.

it's a good thing that this event is only simple since our wedding is small and only his parents and some of his relatives were invited.

"lisa..." he lifted my chin and cupped my face. "you know that i could afford to replace that so you don't need to say sorry." he said and flashed a smile that made his eyes disappear.

why does he have to be so kind?

he was the one who saw me lying on the streets on the day of the accident and called an ambulance. he was the one who took care of me in the hospital and even paid for my bills.

i didn't know how to pay him back, but he told me he didn't need money, all he asked was for me to stay by his side, which is why i ended up marrying him.

i literally owe him my whole life.

but don't get me wrong, i didn't marry him only because i was forced to. i wanted to marry him because i feel comfortable around him and we somehow became best of friends. he's kind, caring, understanding, and i would lie if i'd say he isn't handsome.

"i know you're a billionaire but it doesn't mean you can spend your money for just anybody else with ease." i scolded him.

"but you aren't just anybody else." he said and winked whilst i let out a small laugh at his line.

"what are you doing? yah song yunhyeong put me down!" i screamed as he suddenly carried me bridal style.

"i'm carrying my wife since i can't let her walk with a swollen ankle." he said. "i love you lisa." he then gave me a kiss in the forehead.

i might not be able to love him now, but who knows? maybe i'll be able to love him back soon.