Chapter 2

Kate's POV
I didn't fall asleep last night. My mind wouldn't allow me to. It replayed the words worthless, fat, waste of space. I didn't let anyone know how I felt on the inside. That's a conversation I don't feel like having. I got up to go to take a shower. My stomach was covered in bruises and my head hurt but I was fine. A shower felt nice. I could finally get the dry blood of of me. I finished in the bathroom and changed into grey sweatpants and a black crop top.

"Hungry? I made pancakes?" Darry asked

"Hungry? I made pancakes?" Darry asked. "Yeah" I said. The gang all showed up for breakfast. "Hey Kate" said Dally. I tried my best not to blush, but it's hard when you biggest crush talks to you. "H-Hey" I said quietly.
Dally's POV
"Hey Kate" I said. I really like Kate. I don't think she will ever like somebody like me though. I am going to ask her out. I don't know when but It will be prefect.
Kate's POV
Darry, Soda, and Steve went to work. I got the day off because I was still healing. Johnny, Pony, and Two-but left shortly after to go to school. That left Dally and I. "Kate I want to tell you something." Said Dally. "What is it?" I asked hoping he was asking me out."I really like you.... Kate will you be my girl?" He said. "Yes! I have liked you for the longest time!" I said. He laughed and put his arm around me. We watched tv for awhile until it was noon. "Hungry? I want to go to the Dingo" Dally said. I shook my head and we walked to the Dingo hand in hand. We sat down and a waitress greeted us. "Hello my name is Allison and I will be serving you today, can I get you started off with something to drink?" "Water for me!" I said. "I'll do the same." said Dally. Allison stared at Dally, she was clearly interested. She came back with our drinks. She slipped her number under Dally's cup when she put it down. "Have you looked at the menu?" Allison asked. "Yes! I'll take the cob salad" I said. "Kate no." Said Dally. "Two burgers with fries" Dally Said. Allison winked at Dally before walking away. "She likes you." I said. "Well I'm not interested" Said Dally smiling. After we ate we went back to the house, everyone should be home in an hour. Dally and I watched tv, and I fell asleep with my head on his shoulder.
Dally"s POV
"WHAT THE HECK!" shouted an angry Darry. "Hush you're going to wake her up" I said. "What's going on here?" Asked Pony? I saw Kate's eyes flutter open. "You woke her up good going." I said. "Why were you laying on Dally's shoulder?!" said Darry staring at Kate. There can be two ways out of this 1) she tells them the truth that we are dating 2) she comes up with a great lie quickly.
Kate POV
"Why were you laying on Dally's shoulder?!?" Shouted a mad Darry. Well might as well tell them. "We are dating" I said quietly. "What! I told you, you can not date Dally!" Darry shouted. "I WILL DATE WHO I WANT" I shouted regretting every word. Then Darry did the unthinkable. He pushed me off the couch. I ran out the door. I didn't care if anyone followed. I was tired of Darry treating me like a kid. I can make my own decisions. I decided to run to my best friend Riley's house. She would know what to do.

Hey! Sorry for the semi long chapter! I hope you guys are enjoying this story! I have a lot of ideas for the future chapters!