Chapter 4

Soda's POV
I saw my sister laying there with cuts on her arms."Kate!" I ran over to her as fast as I could.  Darry put her on her bed and wiped her arms off. Pony was tearing up. "Why would she do this?" Said Darry. "I don't know but we need to find out." Darry started to cry. "What if it was because of me." He said. "Darry it wasn't because of you." I said back. "I sure hope not." Darry said
Kate's POV
I woke up to soda standing over me. "You're awake!" He said. I gave him a half smile and remembered why I was here. I cut myself. I didn't want to explain so I got up and ran out of the house. I heard footsteps behind me but I didn't think to turn around. I slowed down and found myself at the park. I layer down and gazed at the sunset. "It sure is pretty isn't it" Said a familiar voice. I whip y head around to find Pony. I couldn't help myself. I started bawling my eyes out. "Hush it's ok I'm here" Said pony wrapping his arms around me. "I know we don't talk as much but I want to change that. I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Do you want to tell me what happened?" He asked. D-Dally B-bed A G-girl I-in I-it.  He hugged me tighter "I knew he would mess this up!" He shouted. "What else?" He questioned. "I am always called worthless, fat,ugly and I agree with them. Dally cheated on me, Darry and soda hate me." "That's not true you are beautiful, and I couldn't live without you. Darry is hard on you because he wants the best for you. He is hard on me to which leads to lots of arguments. Soda always says your his favorite." He exclaimed. "I love you Pony" "I love you too Kate" He said hugging me. We walked back to the house. Before we walked in I told Pony "don't tell anyone why I'm upset" he sipped his lips and opened the door. Darry and Soda went to say something but Pony shot them a look and followed me to my room. Pony slept with me that night. Holding me tight, I felt safe in my brothers arms.
Pony's POV
My sister was upset. I don't always talk to her but I want that to change. When she told me how she felt I couldn't believe it how could people be so rude. I wasn't toning to let anyone hurt Kate anymore. I promised not the tell Darry and Soda, so when they started to talk to her I shot them a glare and they stopped immediately. I slept with her, I wanted her to feel safe. I love Kate so much.
Kate's POV
I woke up to pony's arms around me. I kissed his check and snuggled into his chest. "Morning" He said. "Morning". He left my room and I got dressed. I put on some short denim shorts and a pink crop top. I walked to Pony's room and waited for him to go downstairs. When we walked downstairs the whole gang was there excluding Dally. Dally walked up to me "I'm sor" he didn't get to finish before Pony said "save it she doesn't want to talk to you". I hid behind pony and followed him to the kitchen. "Morning Kate" said twobit and Steve. They glanced at my arms. They had cuts and may scar. "Morning" I said before running he my room and putting on a leather jacket. Everyone noticed what I did but didn't question me.
Steve's POV
Soda told me what happened with Kate. I felt awful. She must of been hurting really bad how did I not notice! When she walked down the stairs I said good morning by mad the mistake of looking at her arms. She ran to her room and but on a jacket.
Kate's POV
I finished breakfast and asked Pony if we could go on a walk. He said yup and shouted Kate and I are going on a walk. "Ok be safe!" Said Darry. We walked out the door and didn't even get 100 feet away from the house until 5 socs jumped out of a red corvette. "Hey greasers" the Said with a sly smile.