3

"is that- sniff- harry edward are you wearing cologne?"

"mum thats absurd, teenage boys dont wear cologne." harry quipped back with sarcasm.

"sorry, i didn't know your body spray was a touchy subject for you."

harry apologized to anne and kissed her on the cheek, exiting out the door quickly to avoid talking about why he was wearing a large amount of cologne today.

but today was different, he knew for a fact that louis would talk to him. even though it would be just to pick up his photos, maybe a small chat, harry was bouncing for it.

"jesus, mate! did you need the whole spray bottle." zayn grumbled as harry piled into the back seat.

"zayn, im not even going to let your morning grouchiness ruin my day. now where's my bagel?"

niall threw it at him hitting his face purposely, "and why exactly are you in a good mood, on a monday?"

harry just shook his head and continued eating his bagel. he glanced up just in time to see zayn and niall share a look that practically screamed 'louis.'

"teenage boys and their love" zayn, always the poet, said.

"thats not something you hear everyday!" niall giggled.

harry continued looking out the window as niall and zayn engaged in a conversation that involved a lot of obnoxious laughing.

"oi lover boy we're here."

his heart picked up speed as he searched the parking lot for louis' car.

he recognized it in the senior parking and took off running to the darkroom, just in case louis wanted to meet up before school started.

when he got there he saw that louis wasn't there, and harry felt a mixture of sadness and relief wash over him. he walked in and put the photos down on one of the tables. eating the apple he grabbed from home. there was a knock on the door and harry ran to it, crossing the semi-small room quickly. he opened it to see liam there, and harry tried not to show his disappointment. he was looking forward to talking and seeing louis, even just saying a quick hi and bye.

"oh, hi."

liam smiled urgently in response, looking uninterested and quick to leave so harry gave him the pictures. "um, what are these?"

harry raised his eyebrows but quickly took them back, "what are you here for?"

liam's thick eyebrows were furrowed and his mouth pulled into a frown. "i was wondering if you've seen louis?"

harry shook his head, confused, "no not since friday, is everything okay?"

liam looked down the hall, "mind if i come in?"

harry ushered him in as he began explaining, " on saturday louis gave me a ride to school, he called me up and he was upset about something. so we came here and practiced footie, smoked... and then my girlfriend asked me to pick her up. it was an emergency and lou said i could take his car and he'd walk. we were supposed to meet here yesterday. but he didn't show, i come to school today and he's still gone."

by the time liam was done he was pacing frantically. harry didn't understand. "did you call him mom?"

"she didn't answer. she doesn't really, um, approve of me."

harry just scoffed, agreeing with jay.

"c'mon you gotta help me, dude. for louis."

"for louis." harry sighed. grabbing his backpack and louis' pictures and following liam outside.

: : : : :

jay didn't take the news well; and harry didn't even tell her the entire story or that liam was involved.

she made harry promise that he would find louis, and he did; with his whole heart.

liam and harry drove around in louis' car looking for him, street after street. they both hadn't really talked before, so they kept quiet and let the music fill the silence; concentrating on finding someone they both really cared about.

they drove for 4 hours, ditching school to do so. at noon they decided to separate. split up and call if they found anything. louis was gone for two days which worried harry. they had just started talking again, he was sorta back in lou's life, why did this have to happen now?!

liam dropped harry off at the school, and left to go who knows where. probably smoke. harry really didn't feel like sitting through lectures when louis could be in trouble so he continued to drive through town on his own.

he tried calling the police, but since louis was eighteen he could take care of himself.

harry was losing hope, he drove past louis' house multiple times but always saw the driveway with an empty spot.

it was painful, driving and driving and driving, checking his phone every few minutes. it went on like that until five when he knew his mother would be waiting for him.

so harry solemnly drove back home, ignoring the urge to check into the blue house two streets up again.

he hoped louis knew what he was doing.