6

i changed the chapter names btw and the whole concept of the numbered days and such to make things easier

x

harry had always been a good student, not a teacher's pet but just there, keeping his grades up, not being a total delinquent. he managed to keep a balance between his busy thoughts about school and his clouded daydreams of louis.

but that was going to be a bit harder now that harry read the messy scrawl on the board.

students,

please take your seats and wait patiently for mrs. call, i will be out for the next week and you will be joining class with the senior english class.

harry could feel his heart beating in his throat as he watched the seniors file in the class.

he felt his heart beat in his head as they took empty seats scattered around the room.

he could feel his fingers pulsing along with the steadiness of his heart as louis spotted harry and walked towards him.

harry's body was enveloped in heat as louis took the empty seat next to him.

harry wondered if louis could hear his heart pounding away.

"hey there." louis smiled, it was an easy smile. he had not noticed harry's face was turning red from lack of oxygen.

"hi." was all that harry could muster, it had been 2 days since their spontaneous sleepover and everytime harry thought of it, he fell in love with lou all over again.

when harry finally had mustered up the courage to open his mouth and say something, mrs. call walked in, clapping her hands and putting on a smile that could cure cancer. harry thought that she would have more affect on third graders and sighed as she began the class.

"in the next few days, my lovely students, we will be working on poems. more specifically personal poems. now the point of this assignment is to dig deep. look within yourself and see what you think is worthy to be pulled out and written down. something that means so much to you that when you read it, we will be lost in your words and feel what you feel. now get to work, and amaze us."

harry had rolled his eyes so many times in the past 2 minutes, he was surprised that they hadn't fallen out.

as he began writing, he tried not to get distracted. focusing on 'digging deep and looking within himself.' but harry found himself getting side tracked at the slightest movement louis made. and he may or may not have been subtly moving his elbow closer to louis'.

: : : : :

the next morning, louis had finished his poem. "im used to the whole 'digging deep' shit" he explained with a shrug.

meanwhile, harry was still looking down at his blank piece of paper. it was around the last 15 minutes of class that harry had decided he would write the poem on louis. it was the only thing his mind could concentrate on.

so while louis was playing paper football games with liam and niall, using a rubber band to shoot paper balls through the others hands, harry was writing about a certain someone.

using the word: angel.