Chapter Fourteen

I wake up to the car stopping in the driveway. I look over at my brother and his face looks tired. I look in the back and I see Jasper has fallen asleep and is leaning on the sleeping Hunter. A small smile spreads its way onto my face. I turn back and open the door, causing Hunter to wake up. I step out and stretch my arms and legs, while my brother climbs out of the car.

Matthew looks at me and heads towards me. He looks at the car were Jasper and Hunter are still inside before he looks at me and begins to speak.

"I know you and Jasper believe he is innocent, I do not. I will be taking him to the cells to question and decide for myself if he is truly innocent," he doesn't even give me enough time to speak before guards are pulling Hunter out of the car. Jasper is confused and scared but he tries and stops the guards.

One of the guards turn to hit him but I am there before my own brain processes what is happening. My face instantly ignites with pain. But I keep myself planted and turn to Jasper. I feel the fear rolling off the guard but I don't have time to deal with him right now.

"Jasper, my brother doesn't believe Hunter completely so he is going to take him to the cells and question him. But no matters what he believes I promise that I won't let him do anything," I tell Jasper a tears that to roll down his face. He nods his head and I leads him inside sending a glare to the guard.

I open the door and immediately I am face to face with the pack doctor, Issy. They see the bandage on my neck and makes me start following them. Jasper follows behind still upset. Issy pushes open the pack hospitals doors and leads me to my normal bed.

"What happened this time?" They ask slightly glaring at me. I chuckle and remove the bandage on my neck. the bandage has a line of blood on it but it looks dry. Issy groans and moves to get a good look. "Self inflicted?" Issy asks me and I nod and she growls.

They walk over to their medicine cabinet and pulls some antibiotic cream and some clean bandages out. I glance over and see Jasper looking at me with a shocked look. But before he can say anything Issy walks back over. They start cream neck and wraps my neck with the bandage.

"Anything else?" They ask and I hold out my arms and Issy unwraps them and sees the cut. "That was way to deep F. You could have killed yourself," Issy basically yells at me. But I just roll my eyes and ignore the rest of their lecture.

When they are finally done they turn to Jasper. "I want you to keep an eye on her please," Issy tell Jasper and he nods but looks confused.

"Shouldn't we tell her brother?" Jasper asks them and I glare at him. Issy sighs and shakes their head.

"No I promised F that I would keep this a secret as long as she comes and see me if anything happens," Issy says looking at me sharply. I just give them a cheesey smile. They shake their head and looks back at Jasper. "Please watch her. Your free to go F," Issy tells me and I hop off the bed.

"Let's go Jasper," I yell for him as I walk out the door and I hear him run out the door.

"Hey F wait for me!" Jasper yells after me and I just laugh.

~Author note~
If any one is wondering or confused Issy is non-binary. Which means Issy goes by the pronouns they/them.