Chapter 7

"Welcome home little sis!" Caleb smirked

I rolled my eyes at my innocent younger brother, he knows I'm nine years older than him.

"Mum I'm home!"

"Oh hi honey! I've got some great news!"

"Well don't leave me in suspense! What is it!"

"Lucky has been adopted by a wonderful girl who is deaf, and SugarFoot was adopted by a family who was looking for a small pony for their young boy!"

"Wow mum that's wonderful!"

"Yes and another lady might buy Madalian!"

My smile faded, I don't want to lose Madalian, and snuck upstairs into Erica's room. "Hey you wanna go for a ride?" She startled and shook her head "yes!"
I left a note in the kitchen for mum to let her know that we were going to SaddleBack hill. I turned round the stable block and walked over to the paddocks.
A new horse stood near the gate staring at us. "Who's that beauty?" I asked, astounded at the red bay horse.
"Oh right, he's Casper, Mary dropped him off a few hours ago, he's very old."
"He's gorgeous!" I marvelled.
"Yeah, she dropped off two more aswell! They're in the stables, come!"

I followed eagerly behind her.

Once inside, we strolled over to a white pregnant mare with a brown mane and tail. "This one is Amina, she was going to be sold to slaughter if nobody bought her first, and this one is CrystalCave she's Aminas paddock mate." Erica pointed to the stall opposite Amina's. Crystal Cave was a flea-bitten grey. They were purebred French Anglo-Arabs.

"Dibs CrystalCave!"

Erica flashed me a toothy grin, then walked away to get Chesters bridle.

--------------------------

THREE WEEKS LATER...

A/N

Okay I know this chapter is not the best but it is necessary!

Happy reading!

Stay calm and love horses! 🐎