Chapter 3

The second we pulled up to my house I stormed out of the car to take a walk and make sense of my feelings. I started walking to Simon's house, a path I new quite well, and a dark shape in an alley. Curious, I followed it and got to the end seeing nothing.

The sun was starting to set and it was getting dark. The moon came out from behind a cloud, and it was full. I saw something moving on ledges above me.

All of a sudden something jumped down from the second story and landed right in front of me. It had a long, scaly tail and 2 heads. (It kinda looked like a two headed crocodile. But not really.) It was slowly advancing on me, and I started to back up until I hit the brick wall.

"This must be a demon." I whispered.

I could back up no more, and I was starting to panic. I picked up a nearby trash can lid and was using it as a kind of shield. That's when the demon pulled its head back and bit my ankle.

I screamed and fell. My ankle was throbbing and stinging like I had rubbed a gallon of hand sanitizer into a huge cut. I couldn't move an could feel the tendrils of unconsciousness reaching out to me, beckoning me to the blackness. I saw in surely my last moments the demon approaching my neck for the death strike, when all of a sudden a large, vaguely human shape tackled the demon. Then I blacked out.