Chapter 11

"Clary! What are you doing here? And - wait, are you drunk?" Alec asked angrily.

"No..." I lied.

"Oh, please, I can smell the alcohol on your breath - where's Izzy? You guys have an exam tomorrow! My god why can't you people take responsibility?"

"Who made you my mother?" I asked sarcastically.

He didn't answer.

"Hey, why are there so many Downworlders here? They aren't allowed on campus..." He trailed off. Alec was looking around like a detective, and slowly walked off, as if he were thinking hard. (Oh well. Who cares about the party pooper, right?)

I wandered off, looking for some fun. I saw Jace in the corner.

"JACE!" I yelled.

"CLARY! WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING?"

"Sorry."

"What?"

"I said sorry."

"WHAT?"

"I SAID SORRY!!!!"

"OH! LET'S GO SOMEWHERE LESS LOUD!"

"OKAY!"

We headed off and found an empty room that led off from the main hallway. You could still hear the music.

"So Clary, why are you at this party?"

"Izzy."

He chuckled.

"I would've put money on that. And by the way, loving that outfit."

I posed like a model.

"Do you now?" (Remember, I'm dressed in a very, let's say, 'interesting' way.) "Well you don't look too bad yourself."

Jace was wearing a button up navy shirt that was mostly unbuttoned, and jeans. His golden hair shined and his eyes sparkled. (Okay, I admit he looked way better than 'not too bad.' Extremely better, in fact.) I had snapped out of my drunken state.

"I always try to provoke sexual attention from women. It's one of my many talents."

"Oh really? And what are some of these 'many talents' of yours?"

"Well, for starters..."

He leaned toward me and we started kissing.

Jace pulled away.

"Would you like to know some of my other talents?" He asked, smirking.

"Of course," I said, as Jace pulled me in for another kiss.

This time we turned and I was against the wall, our lips moving in perfect harmony. He ran his hand down my face and then rested them at my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck, slid my fingers through his hair, wanting this moment to last forever. I was falling in love with Jace.