Chapter 13

The next morning I woke up hung over and angry. Angry at Izzy for dragging me to that stupid party, angry at Jace for kissing me, angry at Alec for being rude to me, and angry at the freaking vampire that tried to kill me because "I am the daughter of a holiday about love." Yeah, right.

My head was pounding and I could barely sit up.

I groaned. I am never drinking alcohol again.

It's a good thing we don't have classes today, or else I would be completely and utterly screwed.

It was only 10, so I was going to go back to bed. My head had just hit the pillow when someone knocked (more like pounded) on my door.

"CLARY!" Alec yelled.

I rolled out of bed.

"What do you want?" I whined as I opened the door.

"Where's Izzy?" He asked.

"I don't know. She didn't come back last night."

Alex cursed under his breath.

"She's probably hanging around with that no good, lying, cheating, faerie scum Meliorn. Ugh I hate him."

"Okay..." I say slowly.

"Clary, why do you hate me?"

Well that was random. I just wanted Alec to leave so I could sleep.

"I don't. Why do you hate me?"

"I don't! Then if we both don't hate each other, let's both agree to stop acting like it!"

"Alright." I said.

"Hey, a few people are getting together tomorrow night, if you want to come it's at Jace and my dorm."

"Okay." I replied, just wanting Alec to leave so I could suffer in relative peace.

"Now to find Izzy..." He says as he walks out the door. I collapsed onto the bed and fell into a deep sleep.