Chapter 1

Chapter one

RULE 1. HE SHOULD ALWAYS MAKE THE FIRST MOVE

Kyungsoo had often chided Baekhyun about his unhealthy obsession towards a certain curly red haired man. Baekhyun could even remember Kyungsoo's exact words. 'If you're so smittened by the new kid,' Kyungsoo had said. 'Then grow some balls and ask him out!''. Honestly, Kyungsoo's advice would not have mattered, not now, not ever. Baekhyun was thoroughly convinced on having his one true love confess first, no way was he going to man up and proclaim his infatuation towards that lofty man.

That was, however, a few months ago and what Kyungsoo had persuaded him to do came flooding back when he saw his Chanyeol hugging and speaking ever so affectionately to a woman. A very beautiful and slender woman, might he add. Baekhyun, no doubt, was horrified at the sight. Rage blew his cover and he yelled out from his hiding spot behind the prickly bush where he was secretly spying at.

"Yah! Park Chanyeol get your hands off her!"

Chanyeol and the woman was momentarily stunned and Baekhyun instantly knew he was fucked as he marched indignantly to the duo in large strides.

"Your hands only belong to me, do you hear that Park Chanyeol?"

"And why is that so Byun Baekhyun?" Chanyeol had the audacity to even question Baekhyun and the smaller wanted to give Chanyeol a whack on the head. If he truly was as obvious like what Kyungsoo had accused, Chanyeol should have already known about his feelings. Furiously, Baekhyun wrapped his fingers around Chanyeol's collar and yanked him down to his eye level. The pretty woman beside him gasped in shock but she was the least of his concern as of now. Whatever Baekhyun wanted, whatever he would get.

"Park- No, Chanyeol." Baekhyun started, willing himself to look deep into the taller's dark chocolate, almost black, mesmerising eyes. Chanyeol stared back with the same intensity, the corner of his lips lifting upwards ever so slightly, so slightly that Baekhyun had not even noticed. "I like you. I really do, so I want you to court me, do you understand?"

At his straightforward and yet rather heartless confession, Chanyeol, much to Baekhyun's surprise, burst into peals of laughter, his deep voice strangely rumbling the insides of Baekhyun's flat tummy. He glared back angrily at Chanyeol, not amused that the latter had thought his love declaration was funny. It was not.

"Listen you big eared giant," He hissed. "I like you so I won't tolerate anyone touching you, just like a certain someone behind me." Baekhyun glanced back to shoot the woman a dirty look, who only shrugged nonachantly in return. "So Park Chanyeol, I want you to stay away from this lady here, block her, delete her number, delete all her pictures, unfollow all her social media, do you hear me?"

"I wouldn't dare to, Baekhyun." Chanyeol chuckled, his eyes crinkling into tiny crescents. Baekhyun nearly collapsed from Chanyeol's addictive charm. "Yoora's my sister, she'd kill me if I ever ignored her."

"Damn right I will." Yoora quipped and the two siblings laughed heartily, leaving Baekhyun with his face bright red. Indeed, he had fucked up, very much so.

"He's a keeper, Chanyeol! I like him!" Yoora added earnestly and Baekhyun could only wish for the ground to swallow him up right there and then. Yoora was literally another matchmaker Kyungsoo, except way more boisterous and with female organs. And that was precisely why Baekhyun hated making the first move because things, such as that, would happen and what's worse would be the rejection he might face from Chanyeol afterwards. Baekhyun was not going to deny, he sure was no samaritan with a humble heart. He thought too high of himself and was maybe even arrogant, so to suffer a rejection would be two tight slaps to his face.

Nonetheless, Baekhyun could not be more wrong when Chanyeol eyed him, his gaze visibly filled with pride and adoration when he spoke.

"I like him too, I'm going to court him."