Chapter fifteen

Chapter fifteen

RULE 5: HE SHOULD ALWAYS TREAT ME LIKE A QUEEN

It had been a month since Sehun's courtship and Baekhyun was pretty fond of him. The younger male was so sweet and thoughtful all the time, handsome too. Everything about him was in a perfect package. There was absolutely nothing to dislike about Sehun. Baekhyun liked him for sure, but he just could not quite put a finger on his emotions. His heart just felt different with Chanyeol.

Chanyeol made him so happy yet angry all the time. With him, Baekhyun got to feel many things. At times, Chanyeol was a sweet boyfriend who made his heart flutter through stupid yet heartwarming confessions out of the blue.

Sometimes, he was a cute younger brother, always whining and being a brat about situations that did not go his way. Baekhyun even recalled once when Chanyeol made a huge fuss, throwing his pissy tantrum, at Baekhyun's own home, just because he did not have any ice cream left in the freezer. It was Baekhyun's ice cream to begin with, why was Chanyeol acting like a huge nuisance? Because of that incident, Baekhyun did not speak to the said male for two whole days straight. They made up pretty quickly afterwards though.

Then, there were times when Chanyeol reminded him of an old grandfather with dozens of grandchildren. Boy, he would keep nagging and nagging and nagging, just like how a superior would. "Baekhyun have you eaten?" He would ask and if he did not receive a reply, he would start to assume and nag even more. "You should never skip your meals! They're important blablabla ..." Baekhyun could not even remember Chanyeol's exact words, even though they were the same every single time. The sentences were always blurred out as Baekhyun willed himself to focus on other things rather than absorb all of Chanyeol's irritable nags.

Oh, how he missed Chanyeol. Truly.

"Baekhyun, have you eaten?" A tap on his shoulder jolted him out of the painful memories. Baekhyun whipped his head expectantly, hoping to see the person on his mind, yet he was dumbfounded to find Sehun instead. Disappointment enveloped his emotions as he stared blankly at the younger.

Sehun's eyes creased in worry. "I bet you haven't." He then let out a grin so radiant that Baekhyun nearly gasped. "Shall we go get some food then? There's this really nice rice cake shop that I know- "

Baekhyun then soon found himself forgetting about his previous concerns and ogling at Sehun, from the way his chiseled jaw moved with every word he pronounced, to how his beautiful eyes glistened at the talk of rice cakes. It was adorable, sincerely. "Thank you Sehun." Baekhyun suddenly interrupted.

Sehun raised an eyebrow and Baekhyun continued.

"For always treating me like a queen."

"It's my pleasure. And you definitely deserve it." Sehun replied earnestly and Baekhyun gently smiled. However deep down, maybe Baekhyun rather be treated in a differently, like a servant, a younger brother, an innocent baby or a even a frail elderly, all at the same time.

Just like how Chanyeol had used to.