Chapter 2

Chapter two

RULE 2. HE SHOULD ALWAYS TEXT ME FIRST

Baekhyun squinted at his phone in irritation. His phone screen had not lit up. It had been 2 days, 4 hours and 16 minutes since he had last seen Chanyeol and mutually exchanged their numbers. Baekhyun was not known to be very patient and if the giant, who had wanted so badly to court him, was not going to text him, he would do so first. And that was how Baekhyun found himself lying on his bed on a hot, humid Sunday, his phone perched tightly in his hands as he struggled to type a decent sentence.

[Draft] Me - Hey

Baekhyun deleted that immediately because it looked like to him that he had been anxiously awaiting Chanyeol's text, which he most definitely was not. Baekhyun retyped another.

[Draft] Me - What's up?

Hell no. Baekhyun deleted that one as well, contemplating if he sounded too casual. He had just confessed to Chanyeol in the most awkward way possible and Chanyeol also foolishly decided to court him. Sounding too casual was something they both could not do. They were barely friends before and now to even have Chanyeol's number, was a blessing from heaven.

After much consideration, Baekhyun decided to type in a new greeting. What could go wrong with a simple two lettered word?

Me - Hi

Baekhyun clutched his bed sheets nervously, looking forward to a reply. So much for wanting Chanyeol to text him first. He rolled his eyes in annoyance. Perhaps he was too desperate for Chanyeol to 'court' him the way he wanted him to. Baekhyun thought he needed to exercise some understanding and thoughfulness. Chanyeol was probably caught up in some family matters, or maybe he had too much school work to complete, or maybe-

Baekhyun's train of thoughts were interrupted when his phone buzzed.

Chanyeol my king - Hey, I was wondering when you were gonna text me :/

Baekhyun felt his blood boil within a split second. That stupid Park Chanyeol could trigger him without even doing anything much, god damned hats off to him. What did he mean by that, insinuating that Baekhyun should text him first? Baekhyun clenched his jaw, heaving in deep breaths to calm himself. It was all his fault to begin with, at first sight, he was hooked at how perfect Chanyeol's body features were. Chanyeol was tall, buff in all necessary areas, especially the biceps, and oh was his voice deep and sexy! Baekhyun loved his features so much. Had he mentioned the muscular arms? However infatuation aside, right now, he needed give Chanyeol a piece of his mind.

Me - Well excuse me, you're courting me so you should definitely text me first.

Chanyeol's reply was almost immediate.

Chanyeol my king - Right my bad. Shall we go on a date?

Chanyeol my king - In hope to appease you Baekkie

Baekkie?! Baekhyun huffed, his long and shaggy blonde bangs bouncing upwards as he collapsed onto his bed in resent. The name Baekkie was so feminine and so not Baekhyun's type. But the date part did sort of impressed Baekhyun a little as he giggled girlishly at the text. He hastily replied to Chanyeol's message, not forgetting to sound as snobby as he could.

Me - I'm not your dog so don't call me that. And yes, let's go on a date

Indeed, Baekhyun was definitely not appeased.