chapter 2 ✔︎

it was the bottom of the fifth and the game was going really well

i was talking to kourtney, justin's wife about that kid i saw in the dugout.
he had hit a two run bomb in the third inning, and to be honest i couldn't get my mind off of him.
"yeah, cody? he's a rookie. his dad played in the majors too. he won three world series while he played."
"damn that's cool." i replied.
"why were you asking about him." her voice sounds flirtatious as she winks, making me giggle a bit.
"he's kind of attractive." i shrug my shoulders.
"aww little hernandez has a crush." ellen, clayton's wife coos. i sigh, laughing.
"wow, people still call me that?" i ask chuckling.
"yup, it's gonna stick." they all laugh.
ellen gets up and screams as clayton punches out three batters in a row, striking them all out.
we all holler and yell at our boys.

it's the bottom of the ninth, and the giants ended had taken the lead 5-3.
kiké gets on base with a double, we all yelled for him and screamed.
the next batter, joc gets walked.
cody walks up to bat and i silently sigh
he scans the crowd like he's looking for something, or someone.
he sends a wink my way making my cheeks heat up.
"did he really just?" kourtney squeals looking at me.
i laugh a little and nod my head, i couldn't control my smile for some stupid reason and i'm sure i looks like a freaking idiot.
the count goes to 1-0, 1-1, then 1-2. we're all on our feet, some people have their caps backwards or upside down as a rally cap.
the 1-2 pitch comes, and cody swings.
it's a high fly ball up the middle, and it's going gone!
we all shoot up from our seats and start screaming.
"your boy hit two bombs in one game!" ellen exclaims.
i blush and cheer even more.
"and the dodger's have just won this game on a walk-off homer by the rookie, cody bellinger.
and might i add, his second of the game."
you hear the announcer boom through the field.
kourtney, ellen, and i rush down to the field to congratulate our boys on the win.
"GOOD JOB!" i shout as i surprise kiké with a hug.
"thanks little sis! that was awesome, i'm so hyped!" he chuckles squeezing me.
i look over to see cody is standing 10 feet away from me, being interviewed by someone.
"yeah, i mean we just never gave up and that's what made it so awe-"
splash, cody was hit with a tub of cold water.
turner, utley, and kemp had poured it on him.
he laughs so hard until he looks at me, my cheeks heat up as he flashes me a smile, then a smirk.
he already knows he has an effect on me, i don't like that.
i shake it off and walk over to corey.
"hey stud." i grin.
"hey little hernandez." he engulfs me in a hug, you could tell all of the boys were very hyped. i smile at the atmosphere, it made me so happy.

my phone lit up.

ella:
hey girl, any chance you wanna take me, victoria, and kyra to the game tonight?

i smile and type a reply. they were all my best friends.

mila: as long as kyra wears her seager jersey, you were your hernandez jersey, and vic wears her pederson jersey then yup. gotta support your boys ;)

so maybe my girls did have crushes on the guys, but they still enjoyed watching baseball.
victoria actually plays at UCLA with me.

ella: sounds like a deal. see you tonight love

mila: alright girl

i'm hyped for the game tonight, i get to see my girls.

"hey little sis." kiké walks into the house.

"hello." i reply.

"so listen, we have an off day since tonight is the last game of the series. so clayton, joc, corey, cody, and i wanted to come watch your practice. we don't really have a lot better to do." he chuckles.

"c-cody?" i question, my eyes went wide.

"yeah, why? oh my god, please don't tell me you have a crush on one of my teammates. that's gross." he makes a gag face and i giggle.

"no, i don't bro. don't worry." i smile at him.

"anyways, you and ella have a thing going, don't think i don't know."

"ohhh, you uh know about that?"

"of course, she's my best friend and you're my brother. and if you break her, i won't be afraid to break you." i chuckle and walk away.

let's just say i was dreading tomorrow, i was super nervous that cody was gonna watch me play.

___________