chapter 3 ✔︎

a/n before i start! i'm currently writing from my laptop, so things are gonna look a little bit different on this imagine

song for the chapter- "everything has changed" by taylor swift and ed sheeran.

kyra, victoria, ellie, and i had all met up for drinks before the game. currently, we were questioning each other about our love life.

"so, kyra, have you talked to seager?" vic asks, causing all of us to turn our head towards her.

"a few times, but barely." she sighs and looks down, playing withe straw in her drink.

"that's okay, you already know that soon he'll admit how he's madly fallen in love with you." I say and giggle, all of our laughs in unison.

"but seriously ky, you're beautiful and he'll realize that." I grin up at her.

"thanks mila. now tell us who you've been crushing on lately, we wanna know." i sigh, looking down and shaking my head; you could probably tell i was nervous.

"i hate to admit this, but cody bellinger, the first baseman. he's a rookie, he's very new." my cheeks heated up when i said his name, i couldn't help it.

they all smirk. "honestly you guys would make a hot couple." vic smirks looking at me, while i try to hide my blush, of course.

x

ellie was in the clubhouse talking to kiké and doing god knows what, but i didn't want to know. i honestly wish they would make their fling official and tell everyone, but nope.

vic was messing around with joc and corey, and kyra was right next to me. kyra had always been pretty shy, even more than me. it didn't help that corey was shy when it came to girls.

kyra and i were in our seats while they were in the clubhouse. out of the corner of my eye guess who starts walking towards the on-deck circle. none other than cody bellinger. his helmet was on and he held his bat in his hands, he had eyeblack on his cheeks. damn, how does a guy look that good, it just blows my mind.

he starts walking towards my seat behind home plate, and before i knew it he was standing right in front of me.

"hey there pretty girl." his comment makes me turn dark pink, kyra elbows my side and giggles.

"oh, um hi." i chuckle. damn, his effect on me is crazy.

"i don't think we've officially met. i'm cody, cody bellinger; but you can call me tonight.

my eyes go wide as i laugh at him being stupid. "i'm camila, but call me mila. that was very cheesy, just so you know."

"what? no, come on that was smooth." he replies.

"hey can i ask you a favor?" i ask.

"anything, sweetie."

"can you ask corey to talk to kyra?" i point to my friend sitting next to me.

"sure thing, i've got to go, mila, but i'll hopefully see you after the game and tomorrow at your practice." he winks and walks away, without letting me say goodbye.

"what the hell, mila, i'm too nervous and awkward to talk to corey!" she exclaims. i laugh and sit back in my chair, the game was about to start.

_______________________