|FOUR|

Forgive me for the long wait, my padawans. Things came up and I had to take care of those.

Anyway, here's a new chapter <3

Enjoy! :DD

______________________________________________

The Lesbian in Black:

|Four|

The following days after I told Jacen about the crow incident, I did my best to force the whole thing to the back of my mind. I only saw it as a coincidence that such a bird would be compelled into crashing into my bedroom window. 

I may or may not have begged my parents to not force me to sleep in my room during that night and the following nights that came after. The shroud of fear was still there each moment I spent in my room thinking another bird would decide to crash into my room again. Maybe this time it would be a giraffe who arrived late to the awesome sleepover the crow and I had. I groaned softly, brushing back my hair as I stared at the many variations of Halloween costumes that were stapled to the wall in front of me. I was in Party City with Jacen in hopes of finding the perfect costumes we could finally agree on spending our allowances on. 

We were smart - smarter than the rest of the townspeople in Wilmington - on coming to Party City a month before October where these aisles would be packed with parents with their children and teenagers in trying to get costumes before they get out of stock. Though, I may have been exaggerating over our intelligence when there were other people having the same idea. 

“Found anything good?” Jacen’s voice came from behind me before appearing on my left. 

I glanced around all the promiscuous looking cop girl and clown girl related costumes, wrinkling my nose. “I don’t know why I even bother looking at the girl section when all I see is just slutty costumes. As if society isn’t degrading the female population any lower.”

“Calm down, Maribelle,” Jacen ruffled my hair before shoving a black haired werewolf mask into my arms. “I think this would suit you with your bitchiness.”

“Har har. I was sort of looking for something more…grotesque.”

“You pretty much look grotesque to me without a mask,” he laughed at his own joke while I gave him a flat look. He rolled his eyes, taking the mask away from me. “Then, let’s look at another section, your Highness.”

“Well, why thank you, peasant.”

I expected something to grab my attention but all I saw were hockey masks, Chucky’s face, Scarecrow’s mask, clown masks, devils, and other masks that would fit in a Rob Zombie movie. I sighed, not pleased on how picky I was. I usually would find a mask that I would enjoy but it seemed today wasn’t my day.

“Look, Maribelle!”

Or maybe not.

I turned to where Jacen was to see him holding the most amazing mask I had ever laid my eyes on. I had played Assassin’s Creed to distinguish this mask so quickly. Its long white beak curved a little at the end and the entire thing would only cover the upper half of my face but I didn’t care. It was a plague doctor’s mask that was used in medieval times when the plague killed millions. Awestruck, I approached Jacen with my gaze never wavering from the white mask. I had found the perfect mask.

“You could wear a black cloak with it,” Jacen continued. “It’ll look rad with it. I’m probably gonna be dressed as Slenderman or Scarecrow. I don’t know, haven’t decided yet.”