|FIVE|

FINALLY! (how many times am I gonna say that lolol) I taken out the [ON HOLD] b.s cuz i'm continuing this story without lagging...i hope.

I missed Astrid <3

So here ya go andddd....

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! :DDD

________________________________________

The Lesbian in Black:

|FIVE|

        “I realized something,” Jacen said, plopping himself down beside me as soon as he arrived to our History class. 

He dropped his backpack to the floor and quickly took out his notebook and pen, ready for our History teacher’s lesson. I was confused as to why he would start the morning with that sentence. Apart from the strange occurrences of the creepy woman who scared me to death and seeing Astrid in my dad’s bakery, Jacen had been seeing me differently. I suppose seeing your best friend cry out saying that there was a woman in the alley and a dead body when in truth, there was no one there might seem concerning to say the least. 

If only he knew what I saw and the many weird things happening around me. The voices reminding me of a woman and her arrival that I still couldn’t figure out when and why. In the weekend whether it be by phone or our usual hang outs, Jacen would sometimes ask me if I was okay and if my mental state was okay as well. At first, I thought he was just teasing me but his serious look said otherwise. 

“And what did you realize?” I asked him, propping my elbow onto the desk and resting my cheek on my palm. 

Jacen smirked at me, giving me a sideways glance. “I realized that you’re secretly on drugs or,” he emphasized after I gave him a blank look, “you have insomnia. Probably that’s what’s making you see shit.”

“Jacen, I sleep peacefully,” apart from the few dreams that always occurred in the dark woods with hundreds of blood red eyes making me wake up in the middle of the night, “and I’m not taking drugs. If I was, I wouldn’t be here since I have two older twin sisters who have expertise on what a druggie looks and behaves like. Don’t ask me how but they do.”

“Then what is it?”

Before I could answer him, Mr. Davidson had entered the room and began to teach us on how Franklin D. Roosevelt brought the country out of the Great Depression. It stopped Jacen and I from continuing our conversation (grateful on my part) but it didn’t stop the thoughts continuing their marathon in my mind. All I could think of was the woman with the blood-red eyes. I couldn’t help but compare those eyes to the same eyes that I’ve seen in my dream. The hundreds of blood-red eyes gazing back at me with such animosity that I couldn’t stop the shudder pass through me. 

I wanted to get in the bottom of this and stop anymore dreams from waking me up in cold sweat. I would probably drag myself into insanity before I get answers as to why I’m dreaming crazy things and being in eerie situations with either animal or human with red eyes. It’s abnormal for a person to have red eyes along with an animal - apart from being albino. But that’s out of the equation. 

Why was I seeing these things? 

Could Jacen be right? Could I be suffering from insomnia? I was waking up during middle of the night after those dreams, maybe all that restlessness was affecting me?

Maybe it was that. 

Maybe I was hallucinating all this. Seriously, what bird would have that great mind power to speak to me telepathically? It was nonsense. I chuckled under my breath, pushing those thoughts away as I focused at the lesson in hand. If I continued to believe that an actual living animal warned me about a mysterious woman’s arrival then I should considered myself insane.