1.

Zayn / 1 year later

Zayn / 1 year later

I walked up the stairs of my apartment complex to my door.

I set the groceries on the ground to unlock the door until I heard loud yelling outside.

I quickly turned around and frowned. What was that?

I quickly got inside my apartment and shut the door. I put the groceries in the kitchen and looked outside my window.

There was policemen outside and also a lady crying as the police cuffed her hands.

I noticed that she had kids being taken to the ambulance.

I shut my window and blinds just to block out any noise. I walked back to my kitchen to grab a bag of chips.

I turned on the TV and the first channel that was playing was CNN News.

They were talking about a new trend that kids made up which I found kind of funny.

Then they started getting political and looked serious.

"Government officials are apparently stabilizing the Purge to be..."

My heart dropped and everything soon sounded like mumbling.

My heart started racing and I looked at the TV wishing this was fake.

"The purge will start exactly on June 1st and end on the 25th. We shortened out the days because of complaints..."

I started breathing heavily and I quickly got up to grab my phone to call Harry.

I couldn't find it anywhere.

"Where did I leave it?!" I whispered to myself and searched the kitchen counter.

I scrambled to the living room and saw that my phone was on the TV. I grabbed it and called Harry.

I placed the phone to my ear. I was shaking.

"Hello?" Harry answered calmly.

"Harry, come over right now!" I say in a serious tone.

"What? What's going on?!" Harry says concerned.

"Come over, I'm having a panick attack." I say with a shaky voice. I felt teardrops on my face.

"Okay stay on the phone with me, Zayn." Harry says.

I swallow and sat on the couch. I couldn't believe this was real.

-

Harry arrived and I quickly opened the door. He came in with a worried expression.

"You okay, Zee?" He asks and wraps his arms around me.

"Look at the TV." I mumble and keep hugging him.

As I was hugging him I felt his heart beating faster and faster.

"This can't be real." He says coldly. He walked to the TV to check the channel and it was the actual CNN news.

"I-I can't do this, Harry." I say and walk back and forth.

He was silent and I knew he was in shock.

"Okay, well let's do something before it's too late." Harry scratches his head.

"Like what?" I look at him confusingly.

Harry didn't answer and stared at the TV.

"What if we just fly to another country?" Harry rubs his chin.

"Harry, they confirmed that the purge is going to be a tradition that they're going to celebrate every year." I say.

"We can't just fly to a different country every year, you know how much that will cost us? A hotel to stay at, the food we eat." I started to think worse.

"Oh shit what are we going to do!" I grab my head.

"What costs more, money or our lives?" Harry grabs my hands.

"Our lives but-" I got cut off.

"We're flying out." Harry says sternly and lets go of me.

He walks to my laptop and opens it. He searches plane tickets to England.

"Wait Harry don't purchase them yet. I need to see if my passport hasn't expired." I say and walk to my room.

Flying to England was the safest exit but for us to do that every year would be stressful and who knows if we'd be robbed.

I rub my face and grab a box with important paperwork. I opened it and searched for the passport.

Harry walked in and waited by the door.

"I can't find it, Harry." I say and take out the stack of papers.

Harry kneeled beside me to help. He grabbed a stack of papers and searched through them but there wasn't any sign on my passport.

"Wow." I sigh and shoved all the papers in the box.

"Tomorrow we'll continue looking for it. I'm sure it's in here somewhere." Harry stands up and lends his hand out.

I get up and walk to my bed tiredly.

"We better not waste any time." I mumble and lay down. Harry followed and laid beside me.

"Goodnight, Zee." Harry smiles.

"Night, Haz." I smile and run my hands through his curls that never seem to go away.