Chapter Five

Lucas

      School was just the same as always. Hiding from bullies and daydreaming while I was in class. But now it was time to continue the job search. I know kevin said I should focus on school but I know I need to at least get a part time job.

I can't just stay with kevin and not pay him anything for letting me staying with him.  I finally went and cashed my check. It was a months worth of pay. A whole 800 dollars that won't last long. I put 300 in and envelope to give to kevin  later when I make it back to the apartment.

I've been walking around town and it's getting pretty late. I've had no luck with finding any kind of work. I'm not sure what im going to do yet. I should probably start making my way back to Kevin's place.

.....20 minutes later.....

I've arrived back and knocked on the door and kevin let's me in.

" You don't need to knock Lucas. You live here just walk in."

" I know but I'm still getting used to living with someone." With that I make my way back to the guest room and lay down.

I've been alone with my thoughts for a few hours and I'm getting hungry. I made my way to the kitchen and on my way I see kevin sitting on the couch with a guy in his lap watching a movie. Great now I know he wont ever want me. I mean if course he would want someone his age. I mean I'm only 17. My birthday isn't for a few months. I caught my self staring at the two and of course I had to walk into a damn wall.

"What the hell! I thought you said we were alone!" Kevin's boyfriend yelled.

"Sorry I forgot I was letting him stay here in the guest room babe." Kevin told the guy.

Wow.... that feels great he forgot I was even here. I run and grab my stuff and run out of the apartment. I should have know that he didn't want me there.