Hesitation

Why do humans hesitate?

Is it because of the uncertainty of what is to be done? To be actually aware; to carry that sentience on our shoulders of the situation, and even though there is a slight possibility of what is about to be done to end up being wrong, we ignore it? 

Is it because of the guilt, that will, without a doubt, come later? To know, that it may be too heavy to bear? Or is it the need to do right by a third party not involved in the situation? To once remember what a parent or a friend says, and to try to act correctly upon the suggestions given? Maybe a loved one, who passed away, and, by a barely heard ushered promise, people try to become better?

To show courtesy to the person about to be disappointed? Is it even possible for an individual to be such a mentally-controlled, cold-blooded human and to pretend to falter for the other person to be reassured?  

An unsureness of the decision chosen between the endless branch of options to be carried out? To try, with farcical hope, to get the best outcome out of all of the possibilities?

Sudden consideration for the other person? Once people see tears, it changes everything doesn't it? Why though? Crying doesn't equal pain. Many suffer, and don't even show the least tad of emotions on an unblinking face. And yet, those are probably the ones who end up bashing themselves the most since they truly consider the possibility of them being an emotionless alien.

Does it lead to thinking twice? Or is that simply ignored for the sake of pride? 

Perhaps it truly is simply because of logic, in order to consider if the thing to be done is still the best? Or maybe perfectionism? Which can incapacitate one temporarily, and lead to dissatisfaction?

Threats felt, that can result in one freezing, like a deer facing sudden and rapid headlights? Does hesitation arise from a type or form of fear? Is that why those who neglect it end up doing the most damage? 

All these likely answers given and yet, a restless girl can't find justifications for what was done.