CHAPTER 6

Poised behind the shimmering screen of my laptop i gather myself and take stock of everything that today has brought forth.

                                              Of two things i am very certain.

                                                                 one

I have no direct link or knowledge of the meaning of the tattoo permanently etched on my back except for the searing pain that resulted to its presence.

                                                                  two

Whatever it is, whatever it means and wherever it might have come from it most certainly has something to do with my nightmare-ish dream.

Sipping on a mug of coffee to find my equilibrium amidst all the chaos i consider the picture of my tattoo that i have just taken.It looks innocent and seems so as well but a part of me is inclined towards taking it as the threat that it really is, after all.Looks can be decieving .

Convinced that i won't decipher any shred of information by just looking at it i turn to my - soon to be - career for help.I always thought that Cyber security was the perfect fit for me.

I separate the picture into partial gridded sections just incase each segment has its own story to tell.Cryptography class has shedded light on the fact that a whole can have various distinct messages independent of each other coded into it  and for that reason i intend to analyze the tattoo from distinct perspectives.

I send the pictures including the original into a decryption software that will basically look for patterns and relations to anything in existence plus cross-referencing all of them to uncover whether or not they are indeed related.

But there is a catch.

Running such an intensive search that runs broad with no simple or specified parameters may take days, weeks,months.Time that i don't have.

I watch as the program tackles the writings that i deemed chinese at a glance.The program considers their allignment, it inverts each and every one of them constantly shifting their angles and analyzing.It runs dozens of sophisticated tests on them separately and jointed.Each time hitting dead-ends.

It all proves one thing.The writings are not chinese, simplified or traditional.

What are they?