Only gone for an hour

(Fletch)

Becca and Owen, I haven't thought about them in a while. I felt guilty, were having fun and enjoying the whole process of pregnancy but deep down, I had forgotten all about my little ones who didn't make it. I didn't even tell raf about them, I was nervous as I thought he would judge me and tell me that I have too many kids and that I didn't need another two- but I did and I still do. The idea of 7 kids is interesting as all I ever wanted was 6 but I was made to be a dad, even though I am scared half of the time, my children are little rascals and I can barley keep them contained for 5 minutes, it's how it should be. These little girls that are coming, there my answer to a complete family, something that I've always wanted. So I don't quite understand why I am so unsure about this, it makes me think about whether it's because me and Jac are going to be parents together, she hasn't lived here long and before she got hurt, I couldn't even see a small possibility of us going out and now look where we are. I can't help but think that we just fell into a pit together and decided to live together on a whim. I got up after a long time sitting and thinking and then sitting and thinking some more. So many people expect so much from me, it's so hard knowing that the twins are going to need so much attention when we have 5 other kids to look after. "Hey." I heard Jac whisper. She sat herself down beside me but I lifted her by her waist on to my lap. "It's all going to be alright, isn't it Jac?" She smiled and nuzzled her head into my chest. "We are going to be fine, we've always been up for a challenge." After a while, we both found ourselves dozing off, I still hadn't apologised to Jac or had a word with Evie either.

An hour later

(Jac)

I quickly woke to Mikey screaming. I bounced up quickly from the chair, making Fletch jump. "Mikey, calm down. Tell me what's wrong." "It's the girls, Ella and Emma found The lawnmower. I tried to tell them not to turn it on but they run my foot over and now it's bleeding." I looked at his foot, it was bleeding quite a bit. I ran as fast as I could to the garden. "Jac, babe where are you going." I couldn't answer him. I went out into the garden and it was a mess. Plants and flowers were everywhere. "Ella, Emma! TURN IT OFF NOW!" They both smiled and shook their heads. I angrily stormed over to them and took the lawnmower from their tiny hands and turned it off. "What do you two think you are doing, you've destroyed the garden and hurt Mikey, go inside now!" They bowed their heads low and walked in to the living room and sat down, we were going to have a word. "Mikey, where is Evie?" "She's gone to some party." "But its 7 o clock in the evening! Why didn't you wake us?" "You looked tired." I smiled at him slightly and lifted him up. "Jac, don't do that, you have the twins. Let me carry him." I passed him over to Fletch and he took him from me whilst tickling my waist which made me shiver. Then I heard the front door slam. "EVIE, GET HERE NOW!" Fletch screamed, I knew he would be angry with her. She has misbehaved a lot recently. " Fletch, calm down. Go and get a plaster and clean up Mikey's foot for him and I will go and talk to Ella and Emma. Let evie calm down, then go and speak to her." He smiled and squeezed my hand tight before he left me. "Right, What made you think that it was ok to play with the lawnmower?" "I don't know Mummy." They both answered which shocked me as Ella hasn't called me that before. "I have told you that you are not allowed to go In Daddy's shed haven't I?" "Yes Mummy. We are sorry." I couldn't help but smile at them. "I think you'll have to go and say sorry to Mikey though." "Ok." They both clambered on my lap and gave me a hug and went to go and find Mikey.

(Fletch)

I sat Mikey down on the kitchen side and began to look for a plaster in the first aid box. "You really should of told us Mikey." I said whilst struggling to open a tin." "I know, I'm sorry dad. Is Jac mad at me?" "No Mikey, she's not mad at you. Now, can you help me open this." Mikey got hold of the tin and opened it. I cleaned his leg with water and a little alcohol wipe and put a plaster on him foot. "There all better." I lifted him down and off of the counter. "Sorry Mikey." I heard both of the girls say as Mikey entered the living room. "It's ok, I'm fine now." Even though the garden is still a mess, I still had to speak with Evie and Jac. I feel sorry for Jac, she doesn't really know what happened earlier so it would be nice to speak to her. I went up stairs to Evie's room and knocked on the door. She didn't answer so I opened it. "Evie, What are you wearing! That skirt is way too short. Where did all that makeup come from young lady?" "It's Jac's" "Evie, you shouldn't take things without asking! You have been to a party and didn't even tell us, your younger siblings have been running around and you wasn't even here to help, you left Mikey with them, he wouldn't know what to do!" "Well, I always get trapped in this house and I wanted to go out so I met with Jason and we went to a party." "What have I told you about going out with boys, unless I know them, your not going. Give me your phone." "No, your not the boss of me." " I think you'll find I am young lady. Give it now." She slammed the phone down in my hand. I was shocked, Evie never behaves like this. "I don't want to see you for the rest of the evening." I slammed the door behind me to be greeted by Jac. "Hey, don't get so worked up Fletch, she's going to be fine." I smiled at her. "Can we have a talk Jac?" "Sure." Jac has just put the girls to bed so we went into our bedroom. "I'm sorry for walking away from you earlier, I just didn't know what to say." "It's fine Fletch, we all have a past. Would you like to speak about it?" "I would rather move on from the past Jac, it hurts too much to talk about it." I placed my hand on her leg. "Ok then, we better clean up the garden." Jac said whilst getting up off the bed." "Hey Jac" "Yeah" "thanks for understanding." "That's Alright." We both walked down the stairs and into the garden, where should we begin!