Chapter 13: Resurface

previously in unorthodox...

  “Oh my gosh Damien?” I said gasping. He looked at me like he was trying to remember something.

        “Kimbella Sanders.” He said walking closer to me closing the huge gap that was in between us

————————————————

“Dammmmmmnnnn, who is that?” Nook asked approaching us from wherever he was. I looked at what he was talking about and I smiled.

“That’s Kimbella.”

“She fine as hell.” He said still staring at her, having no idea that she was my girlfriend.

————————————————

“Babe you have a call.” She said holding my phone out for me.

    “August, she said it’s important.” She said looking worried, I grabbed the phone from her. I sighed before talking into the speaker.

“Mijo, Jessica is hurt very badly. When your father came to get her from my house he was really really angry, and I knew that something bad was gonna happen. So I sent mi hermano over there and he said he heard a lot of screaming, yelling and crashing. I called the police, and they are there now. The paramedics went there too, but they left because they said Jessica has lost a lot of blood and that she needs to be taken in immediately. Hurry and get here as fast as you can, we’re at the Marrion Hospital, hurry, hurry.” I sat there in shock of what was happening.  I shook my head and rose from my seat

“I gotta go.”

————————————————

   “August I want to know what’s going on RIGHT NOW.” She was getting upset and I knew that if I didn’t say something then she would leave.

“Baby we’re here because of Jessica.” She gasped and her eyes got wide.

“What happened?” She asked her voice quivering.

“Baby….Jessica’s been getting abused by her father a lot. It’s been happening since she was in the third grade."

————————————————

       Kimbella looked up and her eyes met derricks. When she looked at him her breathing stopped, all her movements stopped, she stopped sniffling, she stopped everything. I looked at her confused but her gaze was fixed on Derrick who looked confused at one point then a smirk appeared on his face. She was looking at him like she had just saw a ghost and honestly it was creeping me the fuck out.

“Oh my gosh.” She sounded terrified. I shook her to get her attention but she didn’t budge.

          I sighed and got up and went to the front desk asking to see my sister when derrick made a comment that made me turn around.

         “Maybe next time the lil bitch will do what I tell her to do…….both of em” He was still smirking. Fuck did he mean by both of them? I didn’t take time to figure out what he meant before I stole his ass. Everything just happened so fast…    

————————————————

August P.O.V

      Everything just happened so fast. my fist was reapeatedly punching Derricks jaw. He fell down and couldn't hit me back because of the hand cuffs. I heard Kimbella in the background yelling for me to stop, and the officer was trying to pry me off of him.