being

It's raining here today.
The clouds are shedding tears; the raindrops fall with a patter, shattering against my window.

He stands with his back to the wall, leaning against my night-stand. His eyes dance with amusement, watching the raindrops as they fall head-first, shattering into a thousand shards.

"Jaebum... aren't raindrops just like us?"

He doesn't turn around to look at me, but I see him nod, encouraging me to continue.

"They look like they are strong and durable but they are not. They shatter and collapse and break down. But they stand their ground again when the clouds take them back in. And they repeat this forever. So do we."

I walk towards him and now that we're face to face, I can see him concentrating hard on my words.

I manage a small smile, "Plus we're both made up of water!"

He gives me a grin, and my smile grows bigger. He is just so ebullient and warm and God. I could sink into that smile, given the opportunity.

"Don't you think so?"

We are standing so close so close so close. I could collapse this very moment-

He is so breathtaking.

I brush my lips against his lips. 

His eyes close. 

And then gently against his eyelids. He quivers under my touch.

Next, his nose.
His lips.
His cheeks.
His eyebrows.

To his whole face I press my feather-light kisses.

"Thank you, Jaebum."