always.

The girl wipes at her eyes. With shaking fingers, she opens her cupboard and takes out the beautiful brown-eyed man.

"Jaebum?"

The brown-eyed man just gives her the same old sweet smile.

"I'm so sorry. I am so sorry. I am so sorry," she cries out. "I feel so bad. I shouldn't have done that to you."

The cardboard figure still gives her that smile.

She begins to cry, huge, big tears.

"Jinyoung told me to throw you. He said it was weird that i had you in my room. I listened to him and locked you away. I'm so terrible. I'm sorry."

She wraps her arms around the cardboard figure.

"He said i was weird for hanging out with you and he said I'd have to throw you to stay with him. He made me meet with weird doctors who gave me weird medications. They made me think of you as a weird cardboard cut-out! It was weird. We moved in together. It felt nice at first, but I couldn't get the thoughts of you out of my mind, Jaebum. The fact that I treated you so badly ate me and so I broke up with him. You were my first real friend and I love you, and will always, okay?

The man wished she knew what real actually meant. But it was futile, for he could not speak.

"Thank you for always letting me lean on you. You're the best and I'm the worst."

She pulls back, "I will spend my whole life making up to you now. Please forgive me, if you can."

Jaebum stares at her in disbelief. She shouldn't have done that.

Jinyoung was everything he wasn't.

Jinyoung was real, and he was just a cardboard cut-out.

Always stuck with that smiling face.