Chapter 19: Darcy is Such a Lovely Name

Niall's P.O.V.

I woke up crabby and annoyed while Zayn had already gotten up and went to eat breakfast. I laid in bed and turned to my side, staring at the blank beige wall. I clutched my pillow and didn't move. "Niall? You awake, mate? Come get breakfast." Louis piped up at the door. 

"I'm not hungry."

"What? You're always hungry! Come on, what's wrong? Let's eat!" he said enthusiastically as he walked to me and sat on the end of the bed. I'm acting childish, but having heard Haley tell me she has a boyfriend. I don't think she actually liked me, she just kissed me because I liked her or because she'll make out with anyone. No, I'm not calling her a whore, just, someone without principles?

"Nothing's wrong. I just don't want to get out of this bed, it's so comfortable." I faked a happy voice.

"All right? I'll save you some food, then, for when you want to get up."

"You don't have to, really."

 "I'm going to, though. Might as well just get up and eat or tell me what's going on."

"Haley has a boyfriend, okay? She told me last night after tag. Zayn wasn't in our room so I called Haley."

"I'm sorry, mate. I'm sure she just doesn't know how to cope with all of this. I mean, you kissed her and left her all alone. I'm sure she still has feelings for you, she just doesn't want to come off as the dependant one. Is that all she told you last night?" 

"She told me to get a girlfriend." I said shallowly.

"Then get a girlfriend! Take your mind off of her for a minute and enjoy England!" he said positively. Lou stood up and ushered me out of bed. I changed and we went to get breakfast. The boys were all chatting casually as I walked in with Lou and they started their hollars to me.

"Hey, lad, sleep enough yet?" Harry mocked with a teethed smile.

"That's what you get for being up all night last night, Niall!" Zayn said plainly. 

"Okay guys, relax. He's just tired, Harry, I know you like to sleep in." Liam said with a smirk as Harry apologized and recoiled in his seat. We were all smiling and eating but I didn't eat a lot. I took small bites every now and again but Lou kept giving me glances telling me to eat. I stuffed a bite in my mouth and smiled at him and he smiled back but I could barely chew. After I swallowed I looked at Harry who was giving Zayn a protective eye, as if Zayn knew one of Harry's secrets. Okay?

"Hey Niall," Zayn called my attention. "You never told me how gorgeous Eliza was." 

Zayn smiled and took his plate to the sink. "I never really had my eyes on her, Zayn. Sorry." 

"It's okay, but you could've said something! She's amazing. Haley's something too. I can see why you like Haley so much, she's beautiful." 

"Wait how do you know?" 

"I was skyping with Eliza last night and Haley said goodnight to me before we hung up." he said normally. 

"Yeah, mate, she's mighty pretty." Harry said quietly and unfocused. 

"You saw her too?" 

"I was looking for Zayn but he was skyping and the girls introduced themselves to me." Harry said getting up and walking out to the balcony. He opened the sliding door and stepped out, closing the door once more and leaning on the railing. We all exchanged glances but Zayn, who just sat quietly and looked out to Harry. Now I'm curious. What's going on between those two?