New begining

*fifteen years later*

AN its not just me who imagines that in a French voice is it ?

April's POV

It was raining, typical British weather, as we pulled up outside a Victorian style house with chipped paintwork and backing onto a forest. However, this wasn't just any house, it was to be our "new home, a fresh start" to quote my mother, to be so naive!

I didn't want to move from York, but I had no choice. Since my so called mother had an affair with another man, he left her after a month. After, my dad took of and left, refusing to even acknowledge my existence.Then the whispers started, gossip and speculation about my mother. We moved, far far away without warning for the sleepy town of Lyndhurst, Hampshire. New house, new town, new school. Thankfully It's early January and Oakwood "academy" accepted all of my coursework and let me get all of my courses. Otherwise I would be stuffed with my GCSEs. Quite strange tho because getting the same courses at a new school is rare.

"April, April!," my mother squawked, dragging me back from my thoughts.

" Be a love and get some groceries and things we might need,"

What happened to manners ?!

"Please! I'm going to unpack the boxes," she snapped seeing the look in my eyes.

",here's thirty pounds and a key to the new house."

"Ok" I mumbled, not wanting to send her into an even worse mood than usual. Lets just say me and my mother don't see eye to eye.

As I meandered down the road it dawned on me, I don't know what way the shops are! How could I be so stupid and not ask mother which way they were! Its too late to go back and ask , she'll only get annoyed.

" Hey, are you ok?" A voice spoke startling me.

As I spun around, a girl with kind green eyes, chocolate brown hair, dark skinny jeans and a red hoody stood before me, I felt like I could trust her.

"Um, no not really I'm kind of a bit lost, could you tell me the way to the shops please?" I said.

" Sure it's this way, you new around hear? I'm Alice by the way." She smiled, walking down the street as I folowed.

" April, my mum and me moved down hear from York. Since her and my dad split up."

"Oh," Alice's smile faded a bit, " do you still see your dad?"

" No he doesn't want anything to do with me or my mum because she had an affair, what about you ?"

"Nah my mums still with my dad, but It could be worse you could have an annoying brother like me, we're twins but he's older by five minutes, doesn't shut up about it!" she rants, making me smile.

"You go to oakwood ?" I ask, trying to divert the conversation and find out about my new school.

"Yes, it's not that bad but some of the teachers are eeevil, but don't worry I'll make sure your with me." Alice smirks.

Now that perplexed me. Surely you don't have a say in what lessons you get whare?

"You can do that?"

"Yep," mischief written all across her face. "I'll just pull a few strings, being my fathers daughter helps sometimes."

Ok now I'm even more confused, Is her dad the headmaster or something?

"Hear we are, hang on a sec," bending down to tie her shoe lace.

The town centre was nice, a bit like York but smaller. Rickety shops with thatched roofs lined the cobble streets.