Chapter 1

Jaylyn's POV

I woke up when I heard my alarm. It was 9 in the morning and the first week of summer vacation after I graduated from high school. I had planned to move out of my mother's house and to an apartment downtown, because I hated her new husband and she didn't plan on divorcing his bitch ass no time soon. I just needed some more money to make sure I could make it until I started my new job and college in October.

I sat up in my bed and rubbed my eyes. I turned the alarm on my phone off and played some music on my speaker. Of course, I played Chris Brown. I had landed a job being his babysitter which was surprising, but my older sister, Ana knows his girlfriend and Ana talked to her about it. And I wasn't complaining, because I needed the money and I wasn't coming to start no drama. That's what a lot of bitches did that came into his life.

I got in the shower and walked out with a towel around me and my hair wrapped in a t-shirt. I was going through my clothes when someone knocked.

"Who is it?" I called. Nobody answered, they just opened the door. It was Keith, my mom's husband.

"Can you step out, I'm not dressed yet." I said.

He just stared at me and licked his lips, and said "Yo mama told me to come and make sure you was awake, that's all lil girl."

I hated when he called me that shit. "Alright, whatever." he looked at me one more time and closed the door. I can't stand his nasty ass.

I decided to put on my black ripped jeans and black t-shirt with my low-top checkerboard vans. I put on my black leather jacket, grabbed my purse and phone and walked downstairs.

"Good morning baby girl." Mama said giving me a hug.

"Good morning, why you send Keith in my room." I said walking in the kitchen.

"I just wanted him to make sure you were awake for your first day, that's all."

"I wasn't dressed yet, and I don't like the way he was looking at me." I said grabbing a bottle of orange juice out the fridge.

"Well I'm sorry, I didn't know." she looked down and rubbed her chest.

I gave her a hug, "It's alright, I know you didn't know. But can you just keep him away from me."

She smiled. "I'll try, and I'll talk to him about it."

I nodded, grabbed my keys and went to the car. She said that every time, but did her talking to him every stop anything? Nope.

I pulled up at the address Ana texted me and hopped out. I rung the doorbell and looked around, damn, he had a nice ass place.

Chris' girlfriend answered the door. "Hi, how may I help you."

"I'm Ana's sister Jaylyn, but you can call me Jay. I'm here for the babysitting job."

She smiled. "Oh yes, nice to meet you Jay. I'm Jazmine but you can call me Jazzy." she said holding out her hand, I shook it and she lead me inside.

"I think I should show you around first." she walked me into a big room. "This is the living room, and on the left is the dining room and kitchen. You'll need to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner most days, unless I come home early." she pointed.

"Okay." I said nodding.

"If you go to the right you have the hallway, where we have the main bathroom, laundry room and closet. Some days clothes will need to be washed." she said.

"Alright, is this all I need to know." I asked.

She laughed. "No, upstairs too."

We walked upstairs and she turned to me. "There are 5 guest bedrooms, then the master bedroom, Chris and I's room. You won't need to do anything in here unless either me or Chris direct you to do so."