Chapter 4

Jay's POV (3 months later)

The past few months have been pretty good for me. I been saving my money, clear skin, ass getting fatter, you know. My life at home been better too, I started getting along better with Keith but we still ain't close. The only problem I'm having is Zay. He been complaining about everything I do lately but I'm not stressing over it.

I been taking care of myself and my job has been good too, especially because of Chris and Royalty. They help me get through everything. Jazzy just been a pain in the ass, as usual.

I woke up crying from a weird dream. I remember holding a small baby and there was a man standing over me, and he slung me to the ground and beat me while I was still holding our child. That was my worse fear, having a child with someone who was abusive and toxic. I was laying down praying when my phone rung. My room was still dark so I had to feel for it, when I found it, it was Chris.

"Hello." I answered.

"Hey, you alright?"

"Yeah."

"You sure? You sound sick." 

"I had a bad dream, that's all." I sighed.

"Aww my poor baby, Daddy will make it better." he said making me laughed.

"Wassup Breezy."

"Yo, so I got this photo-shoot today with Roro for the new album coming this winter, I wanted to see if you could come and help us with that." 

"Sure, what time you need me."

"Be ready in like an hour, I'll come and pick you up."

"Alright." I hung up.

I got up and took a quick shower. I put on a navy blue, red and white t-shirt with some black jeans and all white air force one's. I flat ironed my hair, put on my coat and went headed outside to wait. On my way downstairs my mama and Keith stopped me.

"We need to talk to you." she said. I nodded and sat down in the rocking chair, they sat across from me on the couch.

"As you know Keith and I are married. And we know you just graduated so you've decided to move out soon. And Keith's daughter is a junior, and he just won custody of her... and so we decided to let her move here."

I ain't like what I was hearing. "So you telling me some random girl is moving into our house."

"She's not some random girl, she's my daughter." Keith said.

"That don't mean nothing, how we know she ain't trouble."

"She won't be. I'm looking to you so you can guide her in the right direction." Mama said.

"What you mean?"

"She's had a lot of trouble in the past because of her mother.. and I'm looking to you so you can help her fix it, and turn her life around." she said.

"I guess." I sighed.

Mama leaned forward and grabbed my hand. "I know this might be new to you but baby girl I promise this will help both of you grow, she'll be like a sister to you."

I sighed and smiled a little bit. "Okay. What's her name?" I asked Keith.

"Kira." he said.

"I like it." I nodded.

Mama nodded and laughed. "Thank you so much for understanding. Have a good day." she hugged me and went upstairs.

"Thank you and you too, bye Keith." I said.