Chapter 3

Jay's POV (3 days later)

I woke up and took a quick shower. I put on a striped pink, purple and blue sundress with some purple sandals. I grabbed my purse and went downstairs.

"Where you going looking all beautiful?" Mama asked straightening my jean jacket.

"To work, Mama." I smiled.

She eyed me. "You messing with that Chris boy, ain't you."

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "No Mama."

"Yes you are, I can tell by that smile on your face."

I laughed. "It's nothing serious."

"Alright, have a good day." She said.

I got in the car and when I pulled up Jazzy was still there, but I didn't see the car Chris normally drove. Ugh, here we go again.

"Good morning." I walked in.

"Good morning." Jazzy mumbled back. That surprised me, she was usually all bubbly and happy.

"Is everything okay?" I asked sitting my purse on the counter.

"It's nothing, I love your dress." She turned and smiled and hugged me.

"Thank you, you look pretty too." I said. She wore a tight romper. This hoe was shaped like a wisdom tooth. I hate downing people on their bodies but she always talking shit about somebody else when she ain't shit herself. I don't know why Chris even fool with her.

"Thanks." She turned to a cookbook. She was looking at a french toast recipe.

"Would you like some help with that?" I asked.

She smiled. "No, it's okay."

I nodded. "Is there anything you need or want me to do?"

"No you can just relax for now."

I went in the living room and Royalty gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Where's Mommy." she asked.

"In the kitchen cooking."

"You supposed to cook Jay, me and Daddy like when you cook." she said.

"Really?"

"Yeah, because Mommy can't cook." she said.

I held my breathe trying not to laugh. "She's learning Roro, and you might like what she cooks."

"When you cook stuff me and Daddy like it. But Mommy just can't cook, anything." She said. I covered my mouth and tried not to laugh.

"It's too hard to impress her! She got that from Chris." Jazzy said.

I laughed. "She's still young, it'll only get worse once she's our age."

She laughed. "True."

Royalty and I watched an episode of Doc McStuffin's and played with her toys. After a while she got up and went to the kitchen.

"Mommy I have some juice?" Royalty asked.

"No, since you don't like what I cook." Jazzy said sounding salty. This couldn't be good.

"But Mommy I want juice, Daddy always give me juice."

"I don't care what you or Daddy do." she said. I pulled out my phone to record what this crazy bitch was saying.

"What did I do?" Royalty said, I could tell she wanted to cry.

"Nothing, which is the problem. Get the fuck out of my face."