Chapter 3

Teddy's POV.

After spending almost an entire day with Ingrid, I have come to the conclusion that she is an amazing person. She has been through so much in her life so far.

I mean sure I've been through a lot, being the son of Tony Stark and having my own suit, I've helped him fight the 'bad guys' but nothing compared to her.

She has lost so much and gained so little, but now she has her dad, she will have me and Natasha and Clint said they will train her at S.H.I.E.L.D.

I'm happy I never met her mom I would have killed her. The things she did makes me sick, and not many things do.

I walk into the kitchen to find Loki and Ingrid having a "Father Daughter moment" I'm about to turn and leave but Loki calls me back. He releases Ingrid from his embrace and walks towards me.

"Father." she says in a warning tone.

"It's okay Iggy" he continues towards me. I feel like backing up, but if I do it would seem cowardly. "Do you care about her?" He asks quietly, so only I hear him.

"Yes I do sir" I say equally as quiet.

"Then don't hurt her" he pats me on the back "But don't call me sir again, okay" I nod once and he walks away. When he is gone I laugh slightly.

"Iggy?" I laugh harder, she laughs too.

"He used to call me that when I was little" she looks to the ground. She directs her beautiful green eyes to the floor way too often. I wish she would see how amazing and spectacular she is. Even just knowing her a day I've come to realize that.

Her long black hair cascades down her back, green eyes that sparkle like Jades, pale skin -although scarred- almost glows in the sunlight.

I can't have feelings for her, not this early on.

Can I?

No.

She is just a friend, a beautiful friend, but a friend. Period.

Ingrid's POV.

It's good to laugh again. I haven't laughed since I lost my family, when my mother did what she did!

Teddy is such a nice guy, he's funny, kind, caring, attractive, smart. He is truly unique.

He is truly remarkable.

All the stories he has to tell, the jokes he tells, some funny, some cheesy, some so stupid their funny.

I've never met anyone like him.

He is such a good friend already. I feel I can tell him anything.

I've already told him my biggest hurt, and it's only been a couple of hours. But I feel I could be setting myself up for a fall.

--------------------

A/N: I know it would be so much easier to differentiate my a/n from my story if I used bold text but I am updating on my phone. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Comment what you think guys! :)