The News

"Peter."

"Hang on, hang on! Drax and I have a bet going here!"

Gamora sighed, not at all surprised at the response she received. It seemed like every day the two had some sort of new gamble going on between each other. They were huddled up close to each other with some game going on in between them.

"Peter-"

The human frantically waved her off, not even looking up from whatever contraption had him so entranced. "Just a second Gamora!"

"I'm pregnant."

In seconds the game was forgotten, crashing to the floor of the ship as both Drax and Peter turned to look up at her. Both were clearly caught off guard by her declaration, their eyes wide with surprise. Her cheeks burned dark green and Gamora looked away from them, hand unconsciously moving to her stomach.

"I found out this morning." She murmured. "Mantis told me while she was doing her check ups..."

Drax was on his feet in front of her in a matter of seconds, his bright eyes moving back and forth between Gamora and her womb. "You're serious?" He muttered.

Gamora managed a small smile and nodded. "Completely serious."

"Holy shit..."

Both looked up to see Quill staring at Gamora. His eyes were focused right on her stomach and he slowly approached her, dropping to his knees in front of her. He placed a hand on her stomach before wrapping his other arm around her waist, drawing her closer to him.

"I'm gonna be a father..." He looked up at the woman he loved, his eyes filled to the brim with bushes tears. "I'm going to be a father."

Gamora nodded, reaching up to thumb away a tear that had fallen. "Yes, Peter..." she confirmed softly, "you're going to be a father."

He huffed a smile, pressing a round of kisses to her clothed stomach before rising to his feet again. "I can't believe it." He murmured, lifting her into his arms and spinning her around, grinning when she giggled happily.

"I'm gonna be a father!!"