Favorite Colors Pt. 1

"What's your favorite color?"

Gamora looked down with a confused frown. "My favorite color?" She repeat, tilting her head. "Why?"

Quill shrugged, looking up at her with sparkling blue eyes as he twirled a lock of her hair gently between his fingers. "Just curious is all. Me personally, I'm a huge fan of reds." He mused, winking as he played with her magenta tipped hair. "And y'know a little black never hurt anyone. And your favorite colors are..."

"I don't have any favorites."

"Come on Gamora, everyone has a favorite color."

The assassin sighed, tugging her hair away from his hands and sitting up straight. "I don't know...there are so many colors scattering across the galaxy and I'm more than certain that we haven't seen them all. Or even half of them! How am I supposed to choose a favorite?"

Peter sat up beside her, taking her hands and interlacing their fingers. "You're telling me that you've never had any color just take your breath away just because it's so beautiful? Or see a certain splash of color that makes you smile for reasons you don't even know?" 

Gamora stayed silent for a moment, eyes lingering on the floor in front of their bed and then moving to the stars twinkling outside the ship. She took a deep breath before looking back at her lover smiling when she noticed him staring right back at her. Her shoulders lifted in a slight shrug and her gaze moved to her hands.

"I...I've always liked blue and purple, light purples anyway." She confessed.

"Blue and purple..." Quill repeat slowly with a nod of the head. "Interesting. Very, very interesting."

Brown eyes rolled and Gamora fell backwards onto the bed and curled up on her side. Moments later there was a warm body snuggling up behind her and a pair of lips grazing along the back of her neck.

"Why did you need this information again?" The zen-whoberian inquired, turning over her shoulder to peel at Peter.

He merely shrugged again, giving her a giddy smile. "No reason."

"Peter?"

"Yes my darling?"

Gamora failed at hiding her smile and shoved his face away with her hand. "You're up to something." She stated, leaving no room for debate.

"Maybe..." He mused, rolling onto his back. "But you'll never know what it is."

"Mhm...we'll see."