3

Deimos POV
When I got home it was quiet. I lived in a pretty big house some would call a mansion but it definitely was not. As I walked through the door I saw the pictures of my childhood friend. I never learned her actual name but I called her a sun goddess. We would always play around. She said that her name was a goddess so I called her Artemis, Apollo, the sun gods twin sister.
We both had names of Greek gods and goddesses. I don't remember her name but I do remember how she said that our parents were close and that they named us after Greek figures because of a bet when they were in college. To this day, she and my friend Leo are the only people to know that my family did not care about me, I was an only child but that did not change the fact that I was ignored.
When I was 12 and she was 11, she suddenly disappeared. I haven't seen her since but I still have pictures of her around the house.
She always wore yellow and orange, she always had her hair in pigtails as well. She was my very first crush, but when I turned 10 and she broke her arm, I thought of her as my little sister, someone that I needed to protect. I haven't thought about love since she left my life.
She would always talk to me about her older brother and sister who were twins. She adored them, idolized them even. I found out later from my parents that her older siblings died when she was 11. I also found out that when she was 13 she was sent to live with her grandparents. Since I never knew her name, I was never able to find her. Every now and then I would think of her.
I felt something wet on my face and realized I started crying.
Weak. I thought to myself as I wiped my face.
I found my parents in the kitchen talking.
"Did Athena talk to you at all today?" My mother asked.
"Yes. I don't know why she loves to pester me everyday. Why do you ask anyway?" I replied.
"She is a very smart young lady. She cares for you, you shouldn't let her leave just because you miss your childhood friend." My mother responds.
I slam my hands on the table, "I did not come home to get insulted like this! She was my friend! Athena is just some girl that finds it exciting to get in my life."
"You do not speak like that to your mother! You do not need to come home if you are going to act like that. Get out of my sight!" My father yelled.
"Gladly." I mumbled as I walked out and to my room.
My room was upstairs so I thought as I walked up the stairs.
What is my mother's obsession with Athena?
Why did Athena insist on bugging me?
Why do I bother coming home at all?
Why was I so sad all the time?
The last thought caught me off guard. I wouldn't say that I am sad, but I am not happy.
I got to my room and started studying.
I mentally thanked Athena for reminding me about our test tomorrow. It's not that I need much help in that class, but I know that she does.
She tells me all the time that English is such a hard class and that it's incredible that I am so good at that class.
I didn't realize it but soon enough I drifted off in a day dream. I was thinking about how Athena would always show up randomly wearing the most random things. I would walk around school and hear people saying that she looked horrible and that she had bad taste. I would hear that she her outfits never matched and that her hair didn't fit her face. I guess she never heard them though because she always showed up wearing whatever she wanted anyway.
I never realized it but she never wears the colors red. I've also never seen her in something plain black. I've seen shirts, skirts, dresses and pants with small accents of red and black but never just plain black or plain red. It must be something personal.
I didn't realize my thought were filled with Athena till my phone started to buzz. I looked at it and realized that Athena had texted me.
I long ago gave up on finding out how she got my number.
'Did you finish studying for the test? I hope you have a good night, don't forget to eat dinner and breakfast. Remember to sleep well:)'
Her texts were always very similar. She knew I didn't respond so she puts everything in one text knowing I'll see it.
I rolled my eyes and went downstairs to eat. I poured myself cereal for dinner because why not. I got upstairs and fell asleep after I set my alarm.