Chapter 2: Speechless Part 1

When we arrived at Germany's house, Italy helped me out of the car. I tried to walk as gracefully and as confidently as possible, so as to not show how nervous I was. I walked up the steps to his house and Italy knocked on the door. A few moments later, the door opened, and Germany was standing in front of him. I was behind Italy. "Italy, how are you" he asked happily.

        "I'm great, Germany! What about you?" he replied as we entered the house.

        "Well, I've finally recovered from the shock of having a girl coming to my home.... Speaking of which, where is Viola?" Germany asked.

        "I'm right here," I said nervously looking up as I stepped out from behind Italy.

        "Oh, ummmm...." he began. Germany cleared his throat and started again. "Viola, it's nice to see you. You look lovely today," he said with his eyes closed.

        "Thank you," I said blushing. "So, what are you guys going to do today?" I asked.

        "Well, what do you want to do? This is your first time here," he responded.

        "Let's see.... Would you mind giving me a tour of your house" I asked.

        "Sure," he said giving me a small smile. We walked a few feet before I turned around.

        "Italy, aren't you coming?" I asked.

        "No, I think I'll go visit with Japan for a minute, if you don't mind," he said.

        "No, that's fine," Germany and I said in unison. We looked at each other and blushed. Looking away from one another, we both started laughing. "Well, why don't we go ahead and get started?" I asked.

        "Sure. This is the main hallway, and over through this door is my main room," he said as he walked me through each of the rooms in his house. When we finally got to the end of the house, he took me outside to the garden. We walked down the stone pathway and to the middle of the garden. There was a table and four chairs on the stone in the center where all of the paths met. He was about to walk past them when I stopped.

        "Germany, would you mind if we stop here and rest for a minute?" I asked grabbing his sleeve. He turned to look at me, shocked.

        "Sure, that's fine," he said. He pulled a chair out for me and then sat down next to me. I sat down in my chair and scooted towards him. He turned away from me to stare at the setting sun.

        "Germany?" I asked timidly.

        "Yeah?" he asked as he turned away from the sunset to look at me.

        "Can I asked you something?" I inquired.

        "Sure thing," he replied.

        "Germany, do you-" I started.