Chapter 18: Will You Marry Me? Part 2

"You don't have to if you're not ready," he said as he went to stand. I grabbed his hands and held them.

"Italy, you didn't let me finish," I exclaimed smiling, "Yes!" His face lit up.

"Really?" he asked excited. I nodded. He picked my up by my waist and spun me around. "I love you, Viola," he said smiling.

"I love you, too" I answered as I kissed him. I heard sniffles from everyone, but I ignored it. This was our moment, and I was never going to let him go. When he finally put me down, very reluctantly, everyone came over and congratulated us. I smiled and said things back. We spent the rest of the day socializing. I was always connected to Italy in some way. I was so happy. Nothing could ruin this for me. Or so I thought.

-----------------Time skip brought to you by Scone- Burger productions-----------------

I woke up at 2 a. m. with very bad nausea. I ran to the bathroom just in time before I heaved into the toilet. When I was done, I rinsed my mouth and brused my teeth. Italy came in moments later shirtless."Are you okay?" he asked. I shook my head no. I felt another wave of nausea, but I ignored it. If I continued this, there wouldn't be much fluid left in my body. "I know you're not a country, but I am. As your fiancee, I'm taking the liberty to call him in" he said. I opened my mouth to object, but he stopped me. "Something's wrong. You need a doctor. I'm calling one of the Nation Specialists." I just sat there as he made a phone call.

About half of an hour later, there was a short and slender women in a white coat squatting in front of me. "Mr. Italy tells me that you've been vomiting all morning?" she asked. I nodded weakly. "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to step out," she told him, never taking her eyes off of me. He did as she asked. "Have you had any sexual activity recently?" she asked.

I nodded and said, "Yesterday evening and morning."

"Your last period?"

"I haven't had my period yet." I was so sick that I hadn't caught on yet. She handed me a slim package.

"Follow the instructions and then come get me," she ordered as she stepped into the hallway. I did as she said and then brought her in when I was finished. I handed her the white indicator. It was a pregnancy test. We waited a few minutes before one and then two pink lines appeared. "It's positive. You're pregnant," she said smiling faintly. I wasn't. No, no, no.... This can't be right. It was our first time, I repeatedly thought as I drowned in denial. Italy was standing in front of me when I registered my surroundings. "Shall you tell him, or shall I?" the doctor asked.

"I will."

"My services are no longer needed. I'll be going now," she said as she stepped out.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked.

"We're pregnant," I said with a sad face.

"Viola that's great!" he exclaimed. He saw my reaction and his face fell. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"I didn't want to be pregnant before I married you," I said.

"It's fine. You'll be okay," he said helping me up.

"I know you'll be a great father, but what if I'm not a good mother?" I asked with tears falling.

"You'll be an amazing mother. Now, let's go tell the others," he said wiping away my tears and taking my hand.