Chapter 20: We're Going To Have A Wedding

-----------------Time skip brought to you by Scone- Burger productions-----------------

It was the 4 of June, a day before the wedding. Everything was in place, but there was one problem. I was showing a bit more than I thought. We had gotten our second ultrasound yesterday, and the result were coming in today during the reception. We were going to tell everyone then. Dr. Anderson told me that because the baby was part country, it was growing faster. It was a good thing I had the fitting yesterday, and an even better thing that I had gotten a flowing dress. I was a sweetheart neckline, a line dress with a black ribbon tying it around the waist. It was a burnished eggshell color. We had even sent the invitations out- weeks ago, of course. All of the countries were going to be there.

I was really excited for the wedding, but it being the end of the day, I was ready to go to bed. So, I slept next to Italy. Just think, tomorrow I could officially call him my husband. I woke up in the morning with no thought process about my wedding until my phone's calendar went off. We chose this date because ten years ago today was when I met Italy. I hopped out of bed and shook Italy gently until he woke up. We ate breakfast and got dressed, he in his suit and I in yoga pants and a T- shirt. I would put on my dress at the house next to the botanical garden. We drove there, and I rushed into the house, praying that Vera was already there. As my Maid of Honor and only bridesmaid, I needed her there desperately.