Preface

"So what you're telling me is that a living breathing man just disappeared into thin air?" Officer Hinlaw questioned me inside of his in-home office located in the downtown area of Charleston, South Carolina home. As he walked around his mahogany desk he looked at me with a look of disbelief as I answered him in full honesty.

"That is exactly what I am saying Jared." I couldn't help but hiss out his name because of how sour it tasted coming from my lips. He went to a small cart underneath a window overlooking the ocean I believed that he was only going to look out it when he started to pour some liquor into a glass and as he turned around he glared at me when he brought the crystal glass to his whiskered covered mouth.

"I am finding your story hard to believe Ms. Parker." He stalked over to where I was sitting on his desk and continued to gulp down his what I presumed was whiskey and slammed it down on the desk right beside my left thigh.

"I will give you one more time to answer me in the form of a truth. Now did you or did you not make up this man?" He said in the most menacing voice he could muster. Little did he know that it did not want to make me back down one bit.

"If you want to hear the truth you'll have to listen to the full story. If you don't want to hear the truth I will take my skinny little ass and I will walk out of your house and never look back. Now what will it be Jared Hinlaw?" I asked as I slid of of his desk and over to the door to his office.

"Fine. I will listen to your story but if it doesn't add up in the end you will be taken to the psycho ward." He said while walking back to the cart of alcohol. "But I am guessing we will be here all night so let me get another drink." When he finished fixing his second cup of whiskey he walked to his desk and took a seat. "Please. By all means get comfortable." He said with total sarcasm.

"Oh alright then." I sang as I skipped to his leather couch across the room under a second window. "Well it all begin when instead of waking up to my alarm I awoke to....."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I hope you liked it!!!

Mel~(^~^)~