What are you wearing?

As on a normal day I usually wake up to the sweet sound of Fall Out Boy but instead I awake to a screeching sound outside my second story window. When I look at the clock I see that instead of 6:45 it is 2:17am.

When I get out of my covers to look for the source of the noises happening behind my curtain I hear my baby brother, Alex, start to cry but I am too preoccupied at the moment to care.

      As I reach to pull back the curtain I can hear my mother open Alex’s door and start to sing to him and in a few minutes his cries turn to whimpers and his whimpers turns to silence.

I don’t dare make a single move until I hear my mother walk from his room to the room she shares with my stepfather, Allen.

I put my hand onto the curtain but when I pull it back and see what is making the noise I can’t help but put my free hand over my mouth to stop myself from waking everyone in the house from my blood curdling laughter.

That’s right.

Laughter.

Because there before my window is my best friend, Becca, holding a rake that was scraping my window up in the pouring rain that also happens to be jumping like a fish out of water in only a freaking towel.

I run out of my room and down the stairs as fast and quietly as possible because the parent’s room is right next to mine which also happens to be next to the stairs.

When I reach my back door Becca is already standing there with the rake already thrown somewhere in my backyard. When I open the door she acts like she is getting shot at by the police and hightails it into my kitchen and up the stairs before I can even shut the door back and lock it.

When I get up to my room Becca is already digging in my drawers for something to wear. But she always keeps forgetting that I have a box of her clothes in my closet that she forgets to take with her after sleepovers.

"Becca. Closet. Red Box." And that is all it takes for her to wordlessly go into my closet and come out wearing a pair of sweatpants and a sports bra.

"What's up, Girl?" she asks dismissing my confused look from the closed bedroom door as she goes and sits on my bed.

"Why were only in a towel in mybackyard?" I asked in the most confused face I can muster. " Also where the heck did you get a rake!?!" I whispered yelled at her moving to join her on the bed.

"Well you see what happened was....I got kicked out of the house." she said in a joking matter but I knew she wasn't.

Because you see the "house" she was talking about was an orphanage on the other side of town where she has lived since the age of 2. I had forgotten that today is her 18th birthday meaning that she is now a legal adult and the government will no longer care for her anymore.

"But that doesn't explain the towel." I said sarcastically I was not wishing her a happy birthday until I heard her story.

Go ahead call me a Bad Bff.

"Well I was taking a shower, since I am the oldest I go last, and it was close to midnight so while in the middle of shampooing my hair she, the head monster, comes into the bathroom and tells me to leave or else she will call the cops. She didn't even let me pack my stuff one of the little girls I shared a room with gave me a towel then Ms. Monster threw me out." She said that with full honesty so I knew it was real since she is hardly ever serious.

She also told that the only place left to go was to live with her boyfriend, John, who lives in a houseboat on the lake. So being me I blurted out a, what I thought was a good idea.

"Why don't you live with us?" yup there it was my master plan to get my best friend on her feet.

"Really? Well I won't make any decisions until I have thought every single possible choice." she said with an ending yawn.

"How about we just sleep for now and then we can talk in the morning." I said after I yawned because of her.

So that is exactly what we did I crawled under the covers and so did she and we slept until noon the next day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I may have also forgot to mention that they were on summer break from school after Graduating Last week.

So here is the First chapter!!!

Hope you enjoyed!!

Mel~(^~^)~