Evade

After dinner, I left and went to the living room to watch TV. Peter sat on the opposite end of me.

    "So what are we gonna do now we can't here," He said.

    "We should pack up, and I will do some searching," I said. We both left. 

    I had less to pack up because I usually traveled light. I opened my laptop. I checked on Maps. There was a place called RETRIEVAL. I clicked on it. 'Used to pick lost people up' a sign said. It was our best bet. But it was 10 hours away. No airports. No buses. 10 straight hours. I sighed. I went into the living room and called out so everyone would come.

    "So our best bet is a place called retrieval," I said. Everyone had a grin on their face.

    "But there's a 10-hour drive," I said. Their grins disappeared,"So we need to pack up and go."

    Everyone began packing. When I was done I got a text from Peter. 'What hppnd with Em?' He texted 'Something bout Evan. Shes...emotional to say the least. Don't confront her.' I told him. 'that's why.  Why u defense much? Do you...' He texted. 'Don't bring it up!' I threatened. 'like her? Love?' He taunted. 'Kind of how you made out with Andromeda?' I shot at him. He stopped texting. I heard doors slam open. He slammed mine open and grabbed me by my collar.

    "How'd you know that?" He yelled. I punched his face. He dropped me and fell back. He was bigger and stronger, but he was not faster or smarter. He charged. I slid under him, pushed him into the wall, and ran out. Emma and Andromeda burst through Emma's door. 

    "The elevator!" They yelled. I cocked my Glock and hid behind the kitchen island. I motioned for them to go into a room. The elevator opened. 2 armed guys walked out. They looked around.  When they turned their backs on me,  shot them in the head. I gave the all clear and they came out. I ran to grab my bag. When I came back out, I said,

    "Let's get moving!" 

     Evan and Peter grabbed the dead guys' guns. Sig 556. Andromeda and Emma each pulled an M9 out of their pockets. I was tempted to ask where they got these, but I decided not to. We exited the building. Peter was holding food, and Evan was holding other stuff. We ran to our van. Untouched. Good. We tossed our bags in the back and got in. I stomped on the petal, and we were out of there. I checked the rearview mirror. We're being followed. By another car. The kid from the beginning. He looked mad. And had a gun.