Fight

"Damon I don't want to hear it!" She slams the door in my face. I run my fingers through my hair.

"Fine! Screw you!"

"Not even on your birthday sweet heart." I storm into our room.

"I asked you a simple question!"

"And I said no! I don't have feelings for Aaron! He is my friend Damon!"

"I don't think that's true!"

"Why? Because it's so impossible to think that I'm in love with you?"

"No because eternity doesn't last very long when you're in love with someone else! I saw the way you looked at him!"

"You're an idiot!" She storms out and goes into Ember's room.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"I'VE HAD IT DAMON! I'M DONE! You obviously don't think I'm in love with you so why don't you let me leave?!?" She grabs Ember, grabs a bag then heads for the stairs.

"Elena-"

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" She grabs her keys then heads for her car. Strapping Ember in, she throws her bag in the back.

"GIVE ME A CALL WHEN YOU'VE LEARNED HOW TO BE A MAN!" She slams the door and speeds off. I run back inside and I grab my phone. I dial Ric.

"Hey there's my favorite drinking buddy. Up for a drink at the grill?"

"Way ahead of you buddy." I smile then grab my keys and my coat. I park then go inside.

"Hey Ric."

"What's got you to drink."

"Elena left me."

"What?!"

"I don't know if it was permanent or temporary but she took Ember and she left."

"Where did she go?"

"Who the hell knows."

"I'm staying with you all night to make sure you don't cheat on your wife or kill anybody." I take a swig from the bottle and I turn to him.

"Nope. I'll be too drunk for either of them."

"Just remember your daughter is about to be 6."

"I know."

"And your wife is 25 now."

"Yup." The door opens then I turn around.

"Hide me." I down the rest of the bottle. I look at her from the corner of my eye.

"I don't know Bonnie. I'm just so done. I can't leave him, I love him so damn much."

"Have you told him that?"

"This is the third time this week he's accused me of being in love with one of my classmates. I don't think he loves me anymore." I drop my head on the counter.

"Ric I'm hopeless."

"She thinks you don't love her anymore?"

"Obviously."

"Do you?"

"I love her more than anything. She's like the duct tape on my humanity."

Elena's P.O.V

"How the hell am I gonna fix this Bonnie."

"Well he's right over there." I perk up, and there Damon sits with a bottle of bourbon. I listen into their conversation.

"I love her more than anything. She's the duct tape on my humanity."

"Then why do you accuse her of these things?"

"Because I am terrified, Ric. I'm terrified one day she's gonna leave me and there will be nothing I can do to stop it. I love her and I'm afraid that if she leaves me there will be nothing stopping me from flipping that switch and I'm afraid that nobody will be able to get it back on."

"Elena did you hear me?"

"What?"

"I asked you if you wanted to be the maid of honor at my wedding."

"BONNIE YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!?!" I start squealing and I smile.

"Will you?"

"ARE YOU KIDDING?!? I'LL PLAN IT MYSELF!!!!" She laughs then I look down at my ring. My phone rings.

"Hey Jeremy. I'm just here chatting with your fiancé."

"Em's asleep."

"Okay. Thanks Jer." I put my phone away then I look over at Damon.

"God damn it Damon." I stand up then I walk over.

"Is he drunk?"

"Yeah."

"Passed out?" Alaric nods.

"Help me get him in my car. Then drive his car home."

"Got it." We drag him to the car.

"This jackass is glad I love him." I pull my seatbelt on then I drive him home. Ric helps me get him in the house and in our bedroom.

"You're such a jackass." I grab a couple of blankets and my pajamas then I make my way downstairs. I swing by Bonnie's I grab Ember then I head home. I tuck Ember in, then I check on Damon.

"Sweet dreams." I pull the door shut and I head downstairs. I grab a bottle of bourbon. I take a swig out then I turn on the T.V. I watch Adventure Time finishing off 2 bottles of bourbon. I turn the T.V off then pull the blanket up.

I wake up with a pounding headache. I groan then fall off the couch. I go in the headache, searching for the aspirin. I take 4, then I go up to our room. I open the door to a groaning Damon.

"Damon get up."

"Elena?"

"Yes jackass."

"Where's Ember?"

"Asleep. Here's some aspirin and some water, come downstairs when you're ready. I want to talk." He nods then grabs the aspirin.