Chapter 8: JJ's vision

"You're saying JJ saw something just from touching a door?" Tyler asked.

"Indeed," Maralyssa said. "Now, JJ, tell them what you just told us."

"Well, ok," JJ said reluctantly. "So, when I touched the door, the first thing I saw was a girl. She was my height and age, with long, blonde hair. She looked very slender, yet innocent. Then, I saw someone...or something, stalking her while she was talking to her friend. Then, she walked home. And that thing, which turned out to be a dude, just tailed her. Then he closed in on her. She...she didn't even make it home. I then saw her go to a different school. And that's where it ended, my vision did."

There was silence for a moment, then Tyler said, "Poor kid."

Maralyssa then grabbed the bone from his hand. She read the carving on the bone, gasped, then dropped it.

"What does it say?" Tyler asked nervously.

"Um, it, uh, it says...," Maralyssa stuttered. "Uh, how was your trip?"

"WHAT DOES IT SAY?!" Tyler yelled.

"DO NOT YELL AT ME!"

"JUST TELL US WHAT THE **** THING SAYS!"

"I CAN'T!"

"WHY'S THAT?!"

"JUST TRUST ME!"

"IF YOU DON'T TELL US WHAT IT SAYS, THEN I'LL..."

"YOU'LL WHAT?!"

"I'LL...I'll...I'll..."

"That's what I thought." Maralyssa picked up the bone and put it in her purse. When she started walking, everyone started backing away from her and pointing.

"What?" she said, annoyed.

"You, you...you..." they stuttered.

"YOUR DRESS IS ON FIRE!" Alizay yelled.

Maralyssa turned her head and sure enough, there was an ever-growing flame at the end of her dress. She tried to stomp it out, but that didn't stop it; it just kept growing no matter what she did. She then tore off the dress and threw it in a corner. Luckily, under it she was wearing a strapless dress that appeared to be made out of water (not see-through).

Now the others were just staring.

"What now?" Maralyssa asked, now a little more annoyed.

"Let's just go," Alizay said as she led the way to the elevator.

"Let's go to the 3rd floor," Tyler said quickly. "I want you all to see the message."

So, on to the 3rd floor they went. They partied to the song "Shape of You."

When they arrived, Adam started growling, but Tyler had ahold of him. They left the elevator and Tyler led them to the room with the message on the wall.

"Handwriting looks kinda familiar," Alizay said. "Looks like..."

Silence.

"It does strike something," Maralyssa said.

"I've seen this handwriting, before," JJ said.

"Me, too," Caleb said. "Hey, Alizaaaaay..."

He turned and saw that she was nowhere in sight.

"Alizay!" JJ called.

"Alex Quan!" Tyler called.

Adam sniffed the air and ran out of the room. Tyler and the others ran after him. They found him at the elevator, but he just stared at it.