IV | LOW LOWS

CHAPTER IV | LOW LOWS————————————————

Jimin couldn't be present during the ruling for Yoongi's punishment

Jimin couldn't be present during the ruling for Yoongi's punishment. He tried insisting it was his doing, that the knight was only following orders but Jeongguk was there and he had said otherwise.

He told the king while Jimin was in the infirmary that he saw the knight sneak Jimin out of the castle and into the village during their little escapade. Yoongi couldn't argue with the duke due to the feudal system, the hierarchy wins over him.

Jimin never saw him after that, hearing whispers from the servants about something happening in the town square of the fief of Seoul.

Jimin only finds both gates open, many of the knights and even Jeongguk absent from the castle. Jimin knows there is something wrong, he feels a pit in his stomach and so he panics and uses this opportunity. He grabs his cloak and his horse from the stable and rides to the village, tying up his horse in a far away alleyway.

He travels the rest of the way on foot. The streets of the village are dead, there's not a soul wandering the streets, house doors were left open.

There's a loud ruckus coming from the main square which only makes a shiver run up his spine as his feet guide him to the area in question. People are surrounding in a circle. Jimin can't see past the many people so he pushes past them, enduring curses from people. No one knows it's him, his hood pulled over his face so far that he's unrecognizable.

There's a sound of a crack of a whip, it meets something that makes Jimin's blood run cold.

He keeps pushing past the crowd, though, his heart is beating so much he's afraid it'll jump right out of his chest. His heart races as he hears a muffled scream from the centre of the square.

He finally pushes his way through and to the front of the crowd, his stomach dropping at the sight. He feels his knees go weak, they feel like they're about to give out on him right where he stands. His hand flies up to cover his mouth at the sight.

The lord's son stands in the centre of the square, whip in one hand, but that's not the thing that makes Jimin let out a whimper.

In the very centre is a man, back bared with lashes covering his skin. His hands are tied to a wooden pole, a rag in his mouth and his face red, black hair matted to his forehead.

There's a lump in his throat as he watches Jeongguk move the whip back before bringing it down again, it cracks and comes into contact with his loves back, adding another lash to it that burns red.

He hears him cry in pain, it sounds like death and he knows why flogging is considered 'half death.' He looks broken, head lulled to the side. He can't even stand, the rope keeping him up to withstand the pain.

He lets out a cry of panic, his feet already racing towards the centre of the square before he can even think, his mind going into autopilot because the only thing he can think about is protecting Yoongi.