IV. The Queen's Relent

"Something isn't right here Sek..."

Fortuna takes a step towards Meg on the couch, kneeling in front of her to get a better look.

"She doesn't look so good."

She extends her hand to move Meg's red hair out of her face.

GRAB

Meg stands with the luck goddess' wrist in her hand, slightly twisting it. The temperature of the room drops and ice crystals form on Fortuna's arm.

"Damn it..." Fortuna says aloud.

(Grayson's POV, the bedroom)

"Good! You know me then! I must thank you for releasing me, Grayson..." Bilquis takes a step forward.

"It wasn't on purpose" he responded quietly.

"No matter, you still have my thanks... Now, I need your help my dear"

"With what?.. This war that I've been dragged into? I don't wanna be a part of it. I'm not up for sale..." Gray angrily continued with his arms crossed, "How about you let my boyfriend go?"

Bilquis shifted her weight and squinted at the eighteen year old.

"No"

"No?"

"That is what I said..." Bilquis laughed, "If I cannot get you to help, then I'll make him."

She snaps her fingers with her hand above her head. Niklaus disappears into a sandy fog in an instant.

"NO!" 

Grayson rushes at the goddess, only to be immobilized within his first step.

Bilquis leans into the boy and whispers, "You could of been together again if you had only said yes... Your mistake darling."

She kisses his cheek and traces his jawline as she walks away with a laugh. Bilquis walks to the closed bedroom door as Grayson falls to his knees, in tears.

The door flings open before she can even touch it.

"How you doin' Grams?"

Marie Laveau, voodoo grand priestess, stood before her ancestor. Pissed beyond description, she takes a step towards Bilquis.

"You take my girl, and now you takin' his man?!" She gestures to Grayson on the floor.

Bilquis was stunned. She walks towards the door, in a huff.

"Now now, Grams!" Maire shuts the door telekinetically.

Bilquis sighs, staring at the ceiling.

"You ain't goin' nowhere til yo ass talks to me..."

"About what?! The fact that I am no longer who I once was? I RULED ONCE, I WAS LOVED ONCE! NOW SOLOMON IS DEAD!.. AND I HAVE NOTHING BUT MEMORIES OF THE LIFE I HAD!"

Tears stream down the goddess' face.

"This is what I need to do to live Marie! My life was stolen from me... Now I am DETERMINED to take it back!"

Grayson stands, "Bilquis... You took Klaus... You're no better than those people that did that to you! Don't be like them."

Her lip quivers and her face snears.

Her eyes turn gold and black and her face intensifies. A thwack of force hits Grayson in the chest and launches him backwards.

"I AM NOTHING LIKE THEM! Do you know what it is like, boy?! To see your home DESTROYED AND BROKEN AND TORN BY WAR?!"