XXII. Jealousy

Klaus brings Xavier into a tight hug, "You go take a shower. I'll bring you some clean clothes."

"I'm so sorry I saw you through the window and I knew it was you. He told me the address but not that it was you-" Xavier wrapped his arms around the blond boy's neck.

Grayson bites the inside of his cheek and looks down at the floor.

"Don't worry about it... We can talk in the morning." Klaus makes eye contact with Lisa and then bounces to Gray, "We all have a lot to talk about."

Lisa nods, pulling a knife out of the wall and smearing toothpaste into the hole, she scrapes a card down and removes the excess. It needed some paint, but it was a quick fix-and less to explain to Sean.

"Gray-" He taps his knee, "Is it okay if he uses your bathroom?"

Grayson jumps back from where ever he was in his mind, "Oh, yeah uh. First door on your left upstairs is my room. Bathroom is straight across. Just keep it clean, please."

"Thanks, I won't mess it up. I promise." His deep voice said quietly as he got up and walked upstairs.

"You aren't jealous, are you..?"

He looks at Klaus, "No! It's fine, really."

"Grayson, you don't have to lie. I saw your face when he hugged me back. He's a close friend. He's not even-" Klaus sighs a pulls Gray's face closer towards his, "You don't have anything to worry about. Don't. Be. Jealous. I know that you'll like him."

Grayson presses his lips against the other boy's, "I'll try... Let's go to bed.""

Klaus bit his lip, trying to remember the nightmare that had left him so terrified. He worried that he may have it again and whatever it was would reappear. He reluctantly walked up to Grayson's room with the man himself, hands interlaced with one another.

The boys strip off their shirts and change into shorts. The soft sound of water from the shower kept Klaus' attention. He hadn't seen Xavier since fourth grade. He's changed so much... it felt surreal  seeing his face again.

The water turns off and Xavier cracks the door open, "Can I get some clothes, please?" he spoke quietly.

"Yeah, hang on..." Klaus got up off of Gray and rooted through his own bag for clothes. He walks over to the bathroom door and knocks, holding the clothes out and averted his eyes for privacy. Xavier opened the door up a little more and accepted the clothes. Their hands grazed accidentally and Klaus turned around, laying back down on top of Grayson.

"I didn't see anything...in case you're wondering." He whispers.

Grayson snorts and moves his hands along Klaus' bare back.

The bathroom door opens and Xavier emerges, laying down on the floor, facing away from the bed.

Grayson exhales and grabs a wool blanket and a spare pillow, "Pst... go give him these."

"There's my sweetheart." he whispers and pecks Gray on the lips before putting the blanket over the black haired boy and giving him the pillow.

"Thank you."

Grayson pulls the sheets back over himself and Klaus, rubbing his hands up and down the other boy's body in a comforting way.

"Are you gonna be okay sleeping tonight?" he whispers to the boy in his arms.

"I don't know- I'll probably just not sleep." He draws circles on Grayson's chest with his fingers.

Gray bites his lips, trying to think of something to say or do. Klaus got scratched in the dream and he was wearing his pentacle... Something just wasn't right. He didn't want his boyfriend to get hurt again, but he needed to sleep too.