Year 1: my brother's a lovable prick

Amy's pov

I held the old rickety broom I'd been given close to me as I stood in line with everyone else for our flying lessons. Achilles squirmed in my pocket and I gently put my hand of him to calm him down, I couldn't let him escape. MerLin only knows what would happen.

"Good afternoon, class." Our teacher began, and all of us went up straight. "Good afternoon Madame Hooch." He said in unison. Achilles teethed in my finger and I shushed him from meowing any louder. "Good afternoon Amanda, good afternoon." Madam hooch said as she walked down the line of students, recognising a free. "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say up." She ordered bluntly, everyone following in an instant.

We all tried, screaming up like morons at our brooms. Some people it worked instantly. I felt ridiculous and I couldn't concentrate with Achilles knowing at my fingers. "What's wrong Amelia? Can't pick up a broom?" I heard crab's gobby voice say. "Piss off.." I muttered. Crab whistles in surprise. "When did you grow a spine?" He asked. "Leave her be you imbeciles.." I heard Draco mutter.

"Thank you brother mine. Up!" I said with a smile and my broom jumped into my pal. I grabbed into it tightly and refused to let go as I felt like if I did it would fly off. I glanced beside me to see harry had his broom and rims was just rolling on the floor. I couldn't help but snicker. Even Hermione was struggling.

"With feeling!" Madam hooch yells. Hermione starts to yell at her broom yet it doesn't even budge. Suddenly Ron screams "UP!" At his broom. It flies up and... hits him in the face. Me and harry share a stifled chuckle as we try not to get caught laughing. Ron mumbled for us to shut up till madam hooch starts talking again.

"Now once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. Grip it tight. You don't wanna be sliding off the end. When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, then lean forward slightly and touch back down." She tells us and we all nod as we mount our brooms. Achilles starts to squirm moor. I quickly pull out my want and put it in the pocket with him. What ever he does makes him go still.

"On my whistle. Three, two..." Madam Hoi he began to count but I noticed something flying out of the corner my eye. It's Neville. And he looks terrified. Draco starts to laugh and all I can do without cursing aloud is mutter "oh fu-...dear.. oh dear...". Our teacher is furious, probably unaware of our poor friends bad luck as she yelled "Mr. Longbottom. Mr. Mr. Mr. Longbottom!" Trying to pull him down.

Neville begged for help as he went higher and higher and then shot off. "Come back down this instant!" She screamed at him. He went over and around the building till finally hitting the wall 6 times, falling off and getting caught on a spike and then falling to the ground. I swore I heard something crunch. We all rushed to him, crowding around him as he lay crumpled on the floor. "Mr. Longbottom! Everyone out of the way!" Madam hooch screamed.

"Is he alright?" Hermione asked. "I don't know but I'm sure your hand isn't supposed to go that way.." I mumbled to her. Madam hooch rushes to him and gently held his arm, mumbling a bit "Oh oh oh. Oh dear, it's a broken wrist. Poor boy. Come on now, up you get." As she helped him stand. Before giving everyone a death glare and ordering "Everyone is to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say "Quidditch"." She yells is.

Then I hear the lovely sound of my brother's voice which I was slowly growing to hate. "Did you see his face? If the fat lump had given this a squeeze he would remember to fall on his fat ass." He said as she showed Neville's gift from last night. "Draco come on.." I beg as I tried to get closer to my twin, only for harry to storm to him first. "Give it here Malfoy." He ordered. "No, I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find. How about on the roof?" Draco asks as he mounts his broom and flies up. And I swear Harry wants to throw a rock at him from the look he's giving my brother.

"He's a lovable little prick isn't he ?" I ask him. He doesn't give me a response. "What's the matter Potter? Bit beyond you reach?" My twin yells. And suddenly harry mounts his broom. Great. Now my first friend and my brother will be expelled. How could this get worse ?.. suddenly Hermione stopped harry from taking off. She yelled at him "Harry! No way! You heard what Madame Hooch said. Besides you don't even know how to fly!" But he ignores her and slowly started to float. Suddenly I noticed a small fluffy ball clinging to Harry's pocket.

Achilles! "Harry!!" I scream at him but before I can grab him he flies off. "Give it here Malfoy or I'll knock you off your broom!" Harry yelled at him. Achilles suddenly managed to get into the broom and sat between Harry's legs. I swear if he falls I'm kicking both of their behinds do Azkaban..

"Is that so? Have it your way, then!" Draco says cockily. He throws the Rememberall as far as he can. Then Harry takes off after it, almost knocking off Achilles as he did. He catches it and then lands. Everyone runs over to him cheering but I run over to him to get my damn cat. He gives me a confused look and asks "you ok?"

"Harry.. you have a ball of fur attached to you. Can I have him back?.." I ask, trying not to sound like a murderer. He looks down and says "oh!" In surprise as he peels Achilles off him and gives him to me. I sigh in relief as I also notice my brother land. "Thank you harry" I tell him. He smiles, and the he looks scared out of his wits when McGonagall comes down like a bat out of hell and yells at him "Harry Potter! Follow me." Then disappears with him.

I sigh as my brother appears beside me and pokes Achilles. "What is that?" He asks me. "He is my pet. His name is achilles" I tell him. "He won't let you keep it" Draco tells me. "Who?" I queried, stroking gently behind Achilles rags. "Father." He replied bluntly. I hold my pet close. "Well.. mother always wanted a cat. So I'll ask her. Father's opinion isn't important" I explain and I see him go pale. "Are you even listening to the trash coming out of your mouth? Where is your respect for him? Everything he does, every nit pick, ever snap it's for our own good" Draco tries to convince me but I just smile.

"As I said, his opinion doesn't matter. Now if you excuse me I have to go get my books" I replied as I waved at Draco while walking away. "Bye brother mine!" I tell him and stop when I'm out of sigh.

After a few more boring classes and making my body feel like I'd been dragged through a bush I finally saw ron and Harry heading for the common room. I smile and catch up to them as they ramble to eachother. "Hey! I was wondering where you two-" I began but almost lost my bandage as the stairs moved. We all hung on and I suddenly noticed Hermione was genre. "The staircases change remember?" She yelled over the sound of stone grinding as we stopped. "Let's go this way." Harry suggest and ron agreed "Before the staircase moves again.".

We wandered through halls till they slowly got darker and darker. "Does anybody feel like we shouldn't be here?" Ron asked. "Nope" I replied sarcastically. Hermione didn't get my crappy sarcasm as she said "We're not supposed to be here. This is the third floor. It's forbidden!". "Let's go." Harry says Luke a leader as we all turn to go back to the stairs, only to see mrs. Norris. Achilles begins to mewl for all I can assume is his mother, making her look dead at us.

I didn't even hear the full sentence Harry said next but "run" was enough to send me bolting to the nearest door as harry tried to push and pull it open. "It's locked!" He yells in a panic. Hermione rolls her eyes and pushes him aside "move over !" She says as she whips out her wand. "Alohomora!" She said and it swung open. She ordered us in and we shut the door behind them, hiding in the dark as filch talked to his cat. We all Pangea heavily till Ron looked confused and annoyed.

He asked "Alohomora?". "Standard Book Of Spells- Chapter 7!" Hermione said back, surprised when we all admitted to not reading last what we'd done in class. "He thinks this door is locked." The girl explained. "He thinks this door is locked?" Ron asked. Hermione signed snd replies "It was locked.". "And for good reason.." Harry mumbled. I turned to ask him what he meant, only to see a giant 3 headed hound sleeping on the floor.

Suddenly it slowly woke up and growls at them, each head slowly starting to bark
Out of sink. We ran out the door again, not even caring we were caught and panted our lungs out.

Hey guys! Hope you all enjoy. HayleyDBZ still looking forward to your awesome comments 😂

Lil'nightfury