Chapter six

Y/N

Sawyer placed the plate of breakfast Onto the table,

"Mrs. Y/N, Miles called, he'll be picking you up shortly, he had to do a job for your father this morning." Sawyer spoke, I gulped and examined the toast and eggs on my plate. I wasn't hungry, there was too much on my mind.

Miles free willing to kill that man last night, I wasn't going to kill him, yet. I was going to allow him to have 2 more days to get the money.

I fiddled my eggs with my fork and rolled my eyes as daddy came into the kitchen.

"FBI called, they found- They found a trace of me and Miles?" I asked worried.

Daddy nodded a no, he clenched his jaw.

"Jay Whites girlfriend, Sharon. She was found dead, along with her friend Katy." Daddy whispered.

My nostrils flared and I stood up. Something felt off. Why would she be dead?

"Miles." I mumbled under my breath. I stared at daddy,

"What job did you give Miles this morning?" I asked curious, Dad fixed his sleeves.

"Kill two men in the town over. They ripped us off." Daddy replied, I exhaled a breath. No, it can't be Miles.
He even told me to trust him, and I do.

Miles POV

She didn't talk to me the whole ride.

"Baby? What's wrong?" I asked as I parked the car into the school parking lot. Y/N turned to face me.

"Sharon and Katy are dead. They were found dead this morning in Sharon's room." Y/N replied, I raised my brows.

"How did they?- I don't know. But, something doesn't feel right. First Jay and now his girlfriend, Miles, the only people after them were us. What if they told their friends or other people about us keeping them hostage? We'll be suspects." Y/N explained worried.

I held her hand and gave her a calming look.

"Your father and I will take care of it. We'll be okay." I replied, Y/N exhaled a breath.

"Daddy's been giving you too many jobs. I don't want you being caught up." Y/N whispered, I shook my head and pulled out a cig. Quickly lighting it up.

"Enjoy your smoke. I'm going to class." She replied bluntly, I tried stopping her but she left my car.

I smacked my hand against my wheel and inhaled my cig.

Y/N POV

As I walked the school halls, the school was dead, no one was talking, just grieving about what had happened to the iconic couple king and queen, and to Katy who was the most second popular girl at school.

I felt as my phone vibrated, I didn't want Miles texting me.

I looked down at my phone and saw a text from an unknown number.

"Three dead. That's what you wanted, all popular people gone. I'm doing the job that you couldn't finish at the warehouse."

I gulped and my eyes kept examining the text over and over again. My whole world stopped.

Phone vibrated again.

"Can you guess who's next."

I felt as my tears watered up. I looked around the school halls to see so many people on their phones.

"Baby?" Miles voice spoke as he stood at the end of the hall, I freaked out and exhaled.

"Miles, someone knows." I mumbled.

-how was this?