We Meet Leo's Baby *revised*

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Heroes of Olympus or any of the characters from those series. all rights to Rick Riordan. I own nothing but a few original characters to appear later and the events in this story.

PERCY

     It didn't take long to get everybody assembled in the rec room.  Most of the counselors were still here, with a few exceptions.  For one, Will Solace had gone to New Rome for med school with a few other Apollo kids before moving out into the world.  Katie and Travis had gotten married and were living in Manhatten.  Connor Stoll moved to New Rome after Travis left.  Annabeth's brother Malcom took over for her when we left. Piper was still here but Jason wasn't the head counselor for the Zues cabin anymore.  Instead, he became the first Pontias Maximus (correct me if I'm wrong here) in centuries.  Luckily, he visited often. 

      So, I stood there in front and was greeted by faces new and old, friends and family, and....Clarisse.  She glared at me so I just grinned, annoying her even more.  Just like old times.   The meeting started the same way it always did.  Chiron called us to order, Leo ran in late, something went missing courtesy of the hermes counselor, and Chiron called the meeting to order again.  "Heroes!"  We all got quiet and he went on.  "Thank you.  I think you all know Percy and Annabeth.  I guess I should explain why they're here and why I called this meeting.  First off,  has everybody heard of the role played by the titan Ipaetus in their journey through Tartarus?"  Everybody nodded.  For most of the people at camp, it was the only part they had heard.  Chiron took a deep breath and went on.  "The truth is that we have very good reason to believe he has reformed.  He's alive."

     The room exploded into Chaos.

*************

ANNABETH

      I didn't know what to think.  There were so many questions.  I looked over at Percy.  His face was pretty blank but I knew him better than anybody.  I could see the hope and the fear battling in his eyes.  I completly understood.

      "Chiron, what do you mean you have good reason? "  He motioned for Leo to come up to the head of the table.  I realized he had been quiet while the rest of us were freaking out.  He already knew, that much was obvious.  Especially when he refused to make eye contact with Percy and I.

     He placed an old computer on the table.  And when I say old, I mean old.  Percy frowned.  "I think those were out of date when Zues broke the oath.  The first time."  I rolled my eyes but I had to agree with him.  Leo just huffed indignantly.  "Don't talk about my baby that way."

     "I thought the Argo II was your baby, flameboy."

     "And you thought Thalia was an only child.  Sometimes there's a baby Jason out there just waiting to show up, fishboy."

     "You really want to go comparing yourself to the gods?"  Leo told Percy to shut up and I finally had had enough. 

      "Both of you shut up!  Leo, you are going to explain why that thing is here and what the Hades is going on!  And you!"  I turned to Percy.  "You are going to let him.  Do you children understand?"  They looked at me like a couple of scolded puppies.  "Yes, Annie," they said.

      I let the last comment go, just wanting to get started.  Leo fiddled with the machine like he wasn't sure where to start and was stalling.  I noticed he had made some modifications.  The back was open to reveal the usual computer parts as well as wires and an extra circuit board made of celestial bronze.  Finally, he took a deep breath.

      "Allow me to introduce you to the Rebirth Reporter 9000!". He seemed unfazed by our unenthusiastic albeit curious faces.  "I built this to allow demigods to identify and search out monsters the way they find us.  It didn't quite work that way.  It didn't find monsters, per say, it found their spawn point.  After I got Malcom and a few other technologically gifted Athena kids to help me work out the kinks, we figured out exactly what this baby can do."  Here Malcom stood up to take over.

      "Satyrs can track monsters because the have a destinctive scent.  Monsters track us the same way.  The machine is different.  It takes an extremly large amount of energy to be reborn.  That's why you two passed out after exiting the Doors of Death.  The machine picks up on the energy signature of monsters with such accuracy that we can determine what kind it is simply by their signature.  And, we can tell who an individual monster is.  If all three gorgons spawned at once, I could tell you which ugly was Medusa with 93% accuracy."

      "But wait," I interjected.  "Bob's a Titan.  Not a monster."

      "I know.  Titan's have signature's too.  We were able to use Hyperion's maple tree to identify it.  And, a Titan was just reborn on an island off the coast of Florida at noon yesterday.  I could explain how I know it was Bob but that would take several hours to explain the complex calculations and, unless your dad teaches advanced level college computer science too, you idiots still probably wouldn't understand."

       Percy frowned.  "That is your sister, Malcom." He growled warningly.  I put my hand on his arm but he didn't back off.  Malcom suddenly looked up like a sleepwalker who awakens to find he's not where he expected.  He looked exausted.  I watched as he rubbed his hand across his face and sighed.  He looked at me forlornly.  "I'm sorry, sis.  I'm just tired," called it, "I didn't get much sleep last night. Nightmares."  Percy relaxed and looked at him sympathetically.  We'd all been there.  Demigod dreams suck.

       Piper suddenly looked up and frowned.  "If Bob has reformed, how do we know he's still Bob?"

       Everyone else looked confused but I caught her glance and nodded.  "I think Piper's wondering how we know that when he reformed he didn't reform as the killer he used to be. How do we know if he's Bob or Ipaetus?"

       Malcom looked at me, more serious than I had ever seen him. 

       "We don't."

A/N

Dedication goes to _Hi_I'm_Me_ (previously Awkward_Demigod) for being the first to answer the question.
Annabeth's birthday is July 12 which is why I chose 712 for my username.  I'm sorry it took me so long to update but it took me a while to figure out what to do with the meeting and then I decided to make it from annabeth's pov. 
Do you guys think it sounded like her? I welcome constructive critsism. won't hurt my feelings.
I'm also sorry for ending it so soon but it felt right to stop there.

where is the PJO reference in this chapter?  which book is it from? 
Whoever answers gets a dedication.