We Meet Thea Queen

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Heroes of Olympus or any of the characters from those series. all rights to Rick Riordan. I own nothing but a few original characters to appear later and the events in this story.

I really don't want to keep repeating that so it goes for the whole story

PERCY

We approached the rundown Florida bungalow slowly, partly for stealth and partly because of Nico. He'd been hit by a poisoned arrow when our camp was attacked back in North Carolina. The Dreamshade was working its way through his system and the ambrosia wasn't helping. Annabeth says that Dreamshade can only be cured by a god or titan so we really needed Bob. I would not let Nico die like his sister.

Luckily the bungalow seemed deserted and there were no monsters in sight. It was the break we needed. We hurried up onto the porch. With the windows boarded up this was our only way in or out. I reached a hand out and winced as the doorknob creaked in my hand.

We entered the room and cleared it, commando-style. Except, you know, with swords instead of guns. Turns out it really didn't matter. The bungalow was empty. "Great!" I threw my hands up in the air. "We came all this way and-" But Annabeth cut me off by raising a palm in a gesture for silence. "You hear that," she whispered. And I did. There was a scratching sound coming from behind the rotten sofa.

I crept toward it, my sword raised when all of a sudden the scratching stopped. I paused and just before I lowered my sword something the size of a small dog launched itself at my chest. Luckily, I recognised it before i introduced it to Riptide.

It was Small Bob, the sabertooth tiger cub Bob had taken a liking to in Tartarus. Before we left he had grown becoming Not-So-Small Bob but somehow that had been reversed. Now he was definitely cub sized.

Annabeth sighed loudly. "We've been duped. Maybe the machinery malfunctioned but Bob is definitely not here. I doubt he ever was." Then it was my turn to sigh. She was right but I hated it. We had come so far. I slammed my fist against the wall and Small Bob jumped up into the safety of Nico's arms. That reminded me...

"Nico, you need to Shadow travel with Small Bob back to Camp."

"What! No way. I am not leaving you two."

For this, I deferred to the smart one. "You're all ready weakened Nico. You can't take another person but you can carry Small Bob. Get him to Camp where he'll be safe and you can explain what happened after Dionysus heals you. Percy and I will head to the water, the beach is right outside. We'll travel as far away from here as we can get and when Percy gets too tired we take a Pegasus or Hippocampi the rest of the way. Deal?"

He opened his mouth, probably to argue again, but he never got the chance to say anything because he was interupted by a slow clapping. "Wonderful plan, Miss Chase, or should I say Jackson?" I turned and I turned but we were alone in the suddenly confining space. The voice returned saying, "It would be a wonderful plan if we didn't have you completely surrounded and completely cut off from the ocean.". I could tell it was a women's voice but not much else besides the fact she was telling the truth.

I turned to Nico. "You have to run, Nico. Take Small Bob and go." I didn't let him argue with me. Instead, I grabbed him by the shoulders and made him look me in the eye, something he hadn't done since his sister didn't come home. "I swore to myself and Bianca's memory that I would keep you safe. This time I am going to keep my promise. You are going to go to Camp where you will be safe." I spun him around and shoved him and the Saber-tooth into the corner of the wall. Luckily his instincts kicked in and he melted into the shadows, hopefully not headed to China.