[Arc 3] ch. 28 Agnis Schiwattas

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS! I HOPE THE STORY WON'T DISAPPOINT YOU ALL. PLEASE CONTINUE TO VOTE AND COMMENT. FEEL FREE TO FOLLOW ME.

******************************

Chapter 28

 Dread was the first expression graced in Zariyah's angelic face when she saw the black colored river. Zariyah had noticed that sadness was evident in the eyes of karasu tengu as she stared at the big river in front of the group.

Zariyah have a feeling that this river has something to do of why the karasu tengu's mood drastically changed. She was gloomy and Zariyah was the only one who noticed the sadness in the female yokai's eyes.

The karasu tengu was forcing a bubbly and annoying front to mask her real emotions. The silver haired young lady felt sad all of a sudden. Even though the tengu was annoying earlier, the mistress of the Silverglaze househild can't ignore the fact that she was sympathizing for this yokai.

"Are you alright?" the silver haired young lady softly said asked and the tengu who was in dazed, was brought back from her reverie of thoughts.

She looked at Zariyah with bewildered expression before smiling like an idiot at the silver haired lady. The tengu was laughing when she heard Zariyah's voice and to covered the sadness in her eyes.

"Of course I am! Hahaha!" she laughed trying to act everything was alright.

The young miss of the Silverglaze can see through the karasu tengu's façade. And that made Zariyah even more worried for her.

What really happened to her that by just looking at the river made her shaken and sad? I am really bothered because this yokai was acting off her character.

She asked herself as she continued to looked at the tengu. She didn't push herself anymore because she doesn't want to bother the karasu tengu.

"Zariyah-sama, are you really sure you are going to this river?" Shouto, the nekomata asked his mistress as he strode towards her.

The concern and worriedness was evident in his eyes. He doesn't want the supreme commander of the storm to be endangered. No one knows what was lurking under the deep black and murky waters of the Zarde river.

The most terrifying scene playing in Shouto's head was a yokai or a ferocious monster was dwelling in the depth of the black murky river of Aokigahara. Not a single place in this forest was safe to venture. There's only death in this bloody forest.

Aokigahara was one of the places in Greffania that adventurers ceased to take their trek because of the high and extreme risk this forest provide. Just looking at the dreadful forest was enough to make someone cowered in fear.

"Yes, don't worry about me Shouto. It's going to be alright." Zariyah looked straight at the eyes of her loyal and faithful first warrior of her Kitsune clan.

Shouto wanted to refute with what his mistress said, but there was this mysterious feeling surrounding his mistress that made him believe in her. She was worthy to be his master and he will continue to be loyal and faithful to him.

Zariyah started to move towards the river, even though she was worried of what might be lurking in the depths of this unfathomable deep water of the Zarde river, she have no other choice but to purify it.

Machi suggested earlier that they just needed to take one gallon of the water from the river even though it was not purified yet, because once they obtain the gallon of water, Zariyah can instantly purify it. But the silver haired young lady told her that she wanted cleanse the water of Zarde river because it has miraculous abilities that has yet to be discovered.